P!P v8 3-4 Released!

Parker brothers

Reaction score
jwank11, I sent them a message about that knock when you launch hard I was told "to make more power, levels 3 and 4 have more timing in them" I just wonder if this is bad for the truck because like you said it sounds like very loud detonation

jwanck11

Reaction score
jwank11, I sent them a message about that knock when you launch hard I was told "to make more power, levels 3 and 4 have more timing in them" I just wonder if this is bad for the truck because like you said it sounds like very loud detonation

Yeah, the timing is evident alright! Detonation is never a good thing. If this were my EB, the oil would already be in a puddle on the ground having run out through a newly opened window....

I am going to ask him to take out some timing. I did not see the ability to adjust globally in the available SCT options.

The shifting alone is worth the trouble of keeping these tunes.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Well doesn't sound like good news lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwanck11

Reaction score
I've yet to encounter any probs, but I don't do WOT launches, which seems to be where the issues are coming from.

The issues are coming from moderate launches as well as from low speeds where moderate pedal is applied. This is not a WOT issue. I am very surprised you are not experiencing the issue as it seems pretty widespread. I wonder what the difference is!

20156point7

Reaction score
I noticed today at around half throttle I had some really loud injector rattle. I have also noticed when it shifts to third and the engine is cold the turbo will jump from 8 to 17lbs of boost for no reason. But when the engine is warm is wont do it.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I noticed today at around half throttle I had some really loud injector rattle. I have also noticed when it shifts to third and the engine is cold the turbo will jump from 8 to 17lbs of boost for no reason. But when the engine is warm is wont do it.

You running level 3? If so I noticed backpressure will sky rocket if you lean into it at partial throttle. Like upper 40s and up to 55psi. I think I'm going back to level 2. I don't know enough about this engine to assume that's ok. Drive pressure and back pressure were about equal for conversations sake on level 2. The spike to 50psi with boost way down waiting for turbo to spool sounds just like what you describe.

20156point7

Reaction score
You running level 3? If so I noticed backpressure will sky rocket if you lean into it at partial throttle. Like upper 40s and up to 55psi. I think I'm going back to level 2. I don't know enough about this engine to assume that's ok. Drive pressure and back pressure were about equal for conversations sake on level 2. The spike to 50psi with boost way down waiting for turbo to spool sounds just like what you describe.

no I'm running level 4. The tune rips it is by far the most powerful tune I have ever had on this truck but I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing from what I'm hearing.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yeh I'm going to stay with level 2. Haven't had any problems so far. May end up with spar tunes ...

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeh I'm going to stay with level 2. Haven't had any problems so far. May end up with spar tunes ...

There may or may not be a $partan vs P!P v8 comparison soon, if you'd like to wait...

Notneb

Reaction score
As soon as it gets here, I'll let y'all know, but just be warned: This will be extensive testing, so it'll still be about a week after that before I have concrete results to post.

I will be making a new thread for the comparison obviously, but feel free to PM me any requests that you think are special to your case. I will try and get a hold of a trailer to test the towing characteristics of each level, because I see that question pop up a lot.

Now... we wait!

FordPSD64

Reaction score
As soon as it gets here, I'll let y'all know, but just be warned: This will be extensive testing, so it'll still be about a week after that before I have concrete results to post.

I will be making a new thread for the comparison obviously, but feel free to PM me any requests that you think are special to your case. I will try and get a hold of a trailer to test the towing characteristics of each level, because I see that question pop up a lot.

Now... we wait!

Beta

Jeremy

2015 F250 (NEMO)
No limit intake, 5", h&s pipe, Pip, No limit ccv

Latest posts

Members online