P!P v8 3-4 Released!

jwanck11

Reaction score
I loaded the geerhead tune back in.

I absolutely loved the shift strategy of PiP's new tune, it was spot on. I wish the performance tune had geerhead's engine management with PiP's transmission management! That would be a hell of a tune........

Notneb

Reaction score
Are any of you guys emailing this to P!P? I don't do WOT launches so I've yet to experience any of this, the other issues I thought I had so far with lv4 were solved with trans relearns.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I loaded the geerhead tune back in.

I absolutely loved the shift strategy of PiP's new tune, it was spot on. I wish the performance tune had geerhead's engine management with PiP's transmission management! That would be a hell of a tune........

Personally I think the ******** tunes are great. An early lock up option would be nice as well. I feel like these tunes manage boost really well and there's very little lag time. Shifting is super smooth. The only thing that scared me was going WOT after the first time, the damn thing rips. Like I was waiting for 4th to just **** the bed but i was really impressed

Jeremy

2015 F250 (NEMO)
No limit intake, 5", h&s pipe, Pip, No limit ccv

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Personally I think the ******** tunes are great. An early lock up option would be nice as well. I feel like these tunes manage boost really well and there's very little lag time. Shifting is super smooth. The only thing that scared me was going WOT after the first time, the damn thing rips. Like I was waiting for 4th to just **** the bed the second run haha. but i was really impressed overall

Jeremy

2015 F250 (NEMO)

Jeremy

2015 F250 (NEMO)

Notneb

Reaction score
So been testing the new tunes in town, and doing a lot of stop and go to test the responsiveness, and found that on my truck when I put it in tow/haul mode, the exhaust brake is active. Switch still does nothing in terms of normal exhaust brake function, and it's not working in regular drive... mode? Just tow haul, so not sure if intended or not? Anyone else?

20156point7

Reaction score
So been testing the new tunes in town, and doing a lot of stop and go to test the responsiveness, and found that on my truck when I put it in tow/haul mode, the exhaust brake is active. Switch still does nothing in terms of normal exhaust brake function, and it's not working in regular drive... mode? Just tow haul, so not sure if intended or not? Anyone else?

I haven't tried tow haul yet but when I manually downshift it works good.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Do y'all have any videos of these new tunes? If anybody does post one up can you provide some specs to the supporting mods for the tunes? I've searched youtube but it hasn't yielded but about 2 videos and they were all posted a while back (not the current V8 tunes). Thanks in advance!

Notneb

Reaction score
Do y'all have any videos of these new tunes? If anybody does post one up can you provide some specs to the supporting mods for the tunes? I've searched youtube but it hasn't yielded but about 2 videos and they were all posted a while back (not the current V8 tunes). Thanks in advance!

I'm doing a $partan vs P!P v8 comparison, and I'll be putting video's together hopefully Saturday. PM me if there's anything specific you want to see covered in the vids.

Parker brothers

Reaction score
emailed PIP they sent me an updated file today weird shifting, might just need learning, also seems to keep going after my foot comes off, IDK I'm going to keep testing it out.

95cobby

Reaction score
How is everyone getting on with their P!P tunes? Have the issues with the hiss, flare, knock, etc. been resolved? Haven't seen any updates on this yet and the sp@rtan vs P!P thread hasn't been updated either.

Notneb

Reaction score
I'm currently testing a new file from P!P, and I will be dyno'ing both Sp@rtan and P!P on the 18th this month. I've never had any issues like knock or anything. The hiss can be tuned out if you prefer. I will update my threads when I'm satisfied with the testing on the current P!P file.

95cobby

Reaction score
I'm currently testing a new file from P!P, and I will be dyno'ing both Sp@rtan and P!P on the 18th this month. I've never had any issues like knock or anything. The hiss can be tuned out if you prefer. I will update my threads when I'm satisfied with the testing on the current P!P file.

Looking forward to the results! Thanks for the update :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.