P0605

MasterJake

Reaction score
I know this horse has been beat multiple times over :poke:, but my case is different I think. Im getting a P0605 with Snap-On Modis. Clear the code and it comes back. The difference is, this PCM has tunes in it. (I think) I just bought this 02 a week ago w/ 89,000 on it, and theres no Tuner knob like a DP, and theres nothing coming out of the PCM that would make me believe it has a tuner. But this thing is faster than my 99 was and smokes a lot with a stock intake. So if I cant remove the tunes, how do I troubleshoot a faulty PCM!? :lame2:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I know this horse has been beat multiple times over :poke:, but my case is different I think. Im getting a P0605 with Snap-On Modis. Clear the code and it comes back. The difference is, this PCM has tunes in it. (I think) I just bought this 02 a week ago w/ 89,000 on it, and theres no Tuner knob like a DP, and theres nothing coming out of the PCM that would make me believe it has a tuner. But this thing is faster than my 99 was and smokes a lot with a stock intake. So if I cant remove the tunes, how do I troubleshoot a faulty PCM!? :lame2:

It probably has a tune flashed on to the PCM if there's no chip or wires.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Does that usually throw a 0605? I have a 0603 as well.

P0605 is a Internal Control Module ROM Error so basically saying your PCM is dying and to replace it. P0603 is normal always pops up if you put a chip or modify it in any way.

SeeYa

Reaction score

If you getting a P0603, p0605 a scan tool you are fine.

P0603- Keep alive memory. (You are getting this because there is a tune on your PCM that is not a stock tune)

P0605- Check sum code. Not all tuners or tuning companies do the check sum in their tuning. (you can ignore this code)

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online