P0605

MasterJake

Reaction score
I know this horse has been beat multiple times over :poke:, but my case is different I think. Im getting a P0605 with Snap-On Modis. Clear the code and it comes back. The difference is, this PCM has tunes in it. (I think) I just bought this 02 a week ago w/ 89,000 on it, and theres no Tuner knob like a DP, and theres nothing coming out of the PCM that would make me believe it has a tuner. But this thing is faster than my 99 was and smokes a lot with a stock intake. So if I cant remove the tunes, how do I troubleshoot a faulty PCM!? :lame2:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I know this horse has been beat multiple times over :poke:, but my case is different I think. Im getting a P0605 with Snap-On Modis. Clear the code and it comes back. The difference is, this PCM has tunes in it. (I think) I just bought this 02 a week ago w/ 89,000 on it, and theres no Tuner knob like a DP, and theres nothing coming out of the PCM that would make me believe it has a tuner. But this thing is faster than my 99 was and smokes a lot with a stock intake. So if I cant remove the tunes, how do I troubleshoot a faulty PCM!? :lame2:

It probably has a tune flashed on to the PCM if there's no chip or wires.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Does that usually throw a 0605? I have a 0603 as well.

P0605 is a Internal Control Module ROM Error so basically saying your PCM is dying and to replace it. P0603 is normal always pops up if you put a chip or modify it in any way.

SeeYa

Reaction score

If you getting a P0603, p0605 a scan tool you are fine.

P0603- Keep alive memory. (You are getting this because there is a tune on your PCM that is not a stock tune)

P0605- Check sum code. Not all tuners or tuning companies do the check sum in their tuning. (you can ignore this code)

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.