$partan Ngauge vs P!P v8!!!

Notneb

Reaction score
Always interested in these things. Good read man. Thx.http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

No problem, hit me up if you have any questions!

Dyno numbers??

So about that...
002_zpsaxad93g5.jpg

So the dyno will have to wait until later this month, seeing as the ones yesterday didn't know how to run a dyno, much less get the truck off it...

jbair14

Reaction score
WTF, did they drive that Dually onto the tailgate of the other truck? They obviously had ramps to get the truck on the dyno trailer in the first place..

Notneb

Reaction score
WTF, did they drive that Dually onto the tailgate of the other truck? They obviously had ramps to get the truck on the dyno trailer in the first place..

For that, an operator would have had to have been in the cab...

No what happened was they decided to unstrap the truck, with no one in it, with a downward angle on the trailer. We all know metal trailers and wheel chocks don't work, so the 8700lbs truck just coasted right off the front...

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
That is my old dually I sold to my buddy to boot. I wasn't happy that day. Didn't dyno my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Hah! That might have been worth the 4 hrs round trip just to see that. At least they remembered to strap it down before running it on the rollers....

Notneb

Reaction score
Still on hold with P!P Tuning right now, as I'm waiting for them to make the requested changes specific to my truck. Apparently my 5-6 flare is truck specific seeing as it's doing it on all tunes, not just P!P, but it does do it more with P!P so they're looking into it.

The reason I'm having them do the changes to the v8.04 lv4 tune is so I can fully say: this is P!P's best tune to go up against the $partan 600QR. This simple comparison seems to have turned into something with much more on the line, lol.

At the end of all this I just don't want anyone to be able to say it wasn't thorough enough, or that it wasn't fair. Sadly I couldn't get Dyno numbers up, but eventually I will! I know that's a burning question with a lot of current P!P Tuned owners, so either I'll beat P!P to it, or they'll release the numbers hopefully soon!

I'm currently running the 600QR tune, and can confirm my earlier claim: I like the 450 for around town much more, but the 600QR just goes... I've already embarrassed the local ricer community... I will be trying to get an axle wrap video soon so I can see if the full deaver rear leafs are as beastly as they look... if so... I'll see what a 4x4 boosted launch will do to getting that 0-60 time down!

jwanck11

Reaction score
I have contacted PiP as I like the tunes and have no interest in seeing things like shift changes because of one truck that has issues. Mine and others are having no shift issues whatsoever. As a daily driver, the shift strategy is invisible - that is to say, for me, it's perfect. Whether I am on it, cruising, in stop and go, etc., the trans is never confused, never flares and always selects the right gear promptly. Really good stuff.

This is a useless comparison.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
How's it useless to offer a simple side by side comparison of 2 different companies' tunes? And the only person's time it's taking is just the OP's. He never said to PIP or $partan "you need to fix everyone's version of the tune to accommodate my shifting issues." Between reading this thread and the other PIP V8 review thread they both convinced me that PIP's tunes were safe enough and easy going enough to purchase for my truck to finally get it's custom tunes & appropriate d e l e t e s (whenever I get around to finally installing it all).

JRLott

Reaction score
I have contacted PiP as I like the tunes and have no interest in seeing things like shift changes because of one truck that has issues. Mine and others are having no shift issues whatsoever. As a daily driver, the shift strategy is invisible - that is to say, for me, it's perfect. Whether I am on it, cruising, in stop and go, etc., the trans is never confused, never flares and always selects the right gear promptly. Really good stuff.

This is a useless comparison.

Not nearly as worthless as your comments.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.