Peixinho's 700hp streetable, towable, DD build thread

04cr450

Reaction score
I just used a new allen key and little pieces of paper towel to hold the bolt in the allen key. Worked perfect- then sucked all the pieces of paper towel out with a vaccum cleaner

brownbros-ben

Reaction score
I will... that is actually next on my list. My truck is down right now waiting for a Warren tranny. Andy said it should ship soon so maybe I can get it in early next week and go test it on the dyno.

I am going to do .72 vs .58 ar dynos and single vs dual plane dynos

I don't know a whole lot about turbos but what is this? talking about...
I know my new unit is 66mm but whats the .72 or .58?

peixinho

Reaction score
Well things have been moving really slow and I am about to kick everything into overdrive. I am going to try and make it to the TSD Dyno day on Feb 15... thats 3 weeks away. Waiting on parts has got me way behind schedule... oh and I busted up my hand pretty good snowboariding. It is my wrenching hand (right hand) which makes me have to do everything with my left hand (which is useless).

Well I jumped right in last night and I managed to get the motor 99% pulled . Just gotta pick it out with a cherry picker and start tearing it down.

Update on parts...

Oring head gaskets are here
Andy warren tranny is here
WPE Ported Intake Manifold is here
Most of the OEM gaskets, rear main seal, and little stuff are here.
6.4 lift pump should be here any day
Riff Raff boots are here
Parts for my experimental stage 4 turbo should be here this week
Up Pipes and Manifolds should be here any day

Jesse Warren has convinced me to go with 285/75 conventional injectors with new solenoids. I am going to order them soon. He told me that it is the best street, tow, race combo possible with hopes of hitting a solid 700hp and still pulling enough fuel to tow with them. I will be getting his Twin HPOPs also.

I will try to post some pictures up as I go along

Mdub707

Reaction score
Sounds awesome man, can't wait to see it come together. Being on a major time crunch like that probably wont leave much time for pictures though! LOL

Cold Roller

Reaction score
I sure hope that Fedex truck makes the right turn at Albuquerque, or is that a left turn! Good work with your only good hand out of service. Maybe you are really a closet lefty and you are just finding out now.:poke: Those new solenoids will be a great addition to the injectors and duals.

I thought this all started as a lower budget build, not a :pimp: ride!

Fox hunt

Reaction score
I have a question here. If the thought that 175/stock could add too much cylinder pressure is that not an issue anymore? If it is where do you draw the line with say 30% nozzles? If 175/stock is pushing it surely 190-205/30 has got to have the same affect? hopefully someone with the knowledge can chime in. Im curious because I want to be able to still tow 10k but want injectors and am on the fence about combos. More power towing isnt needed as much a controllable egts.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We ran into a bunch of setbacks... like every project.

We spend a lot of time trying and experimenting with headgaskets. We were trying to find a better solution for people that would have a much lower failure rate than the typical OEM gaskets and ARP studs... along the way we found a couple of bad designs. We just put in a new set of gaskets over the weekend and we are hoping to have the truck ready to go this week.

The build has changed a little along the way and we are still experimenting with larger VGT options. For right now we are just going to run the KC 68mm stage 3 turbo with a .72ar race cover.

If all goes well this week we hope to hit up the dyno/track next week to see how the truck does.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well I finally got to take it for a test drive last night after I fixed the exhaust and fuel leaks. For right now I just have my old TSD SPD tune loaded up so I know tuning is not optimal for the new setup. I was only able to drive about 10 miles... before... I... Blew... the egt probe out of its hole :dunno: the threads stayed in but the little tiny probe itself blew out. Weird... Other than that things seem to be ok. I will know more today and tomorrow as I plan to put a lot of miles on it.

Just FYI... I threw on our KC68mm stage 3 with a .72ar cover... so no stage X turbo testing for now. I wanted to keep a few things the same while figuring out the new setup.

One thing is for sure... I need to try out some different tunes. I am still running the same 75% nozzles so most of my tuners thought that my original tunes should be fine... or at least close. Most tuners just tune solely on nozzle size and not according to injector body... so since I went from 175/75 to 285/75 they said that the tune should be fine. The only thing they might have to do is adjust a little bit for the twin hpop pumps... Well this thing builds ICP like crazy! According to my gauge I can hit 4.9v and hold 4.8v at WOT. Even an easy roll into the throttle dumps unbelievably large amounts of smoke. Before the twin pumps it would run clean. now it is a freight train. No leaks and all sensor seem to be working. I am running the same tune, same turbo, same nozzle size as before... so I can only guess that the change in ICP is to blame. I am going to get a few revisions and try out a couple more tunes.

I only got on it hard a couple of times and never from a dead stop. I think it is dumping so much fuel at the bottom end that it is actually cooling off the drive pressure a little bit because the truck feels slightly laggier than before on the bottom end and rolls a lot of coal... but the top end is super strong and is really able to dump some fuel. This turbo is not able to clean it all up. Guess it is time to start building one that can :nod:

Head gaskets seem to be holding. Only time will tell how well they do.

I know there was not data in any of those statements but I hope to have more info soon. I am going to start data logging and hitting up the dyno/track here really soon once i get everything figured out.

Triumph1188

Reaction score
Keep the updates coming! I'm very curious to see what kind of numbers this thing puts down! And how well your custom head gasket/oring setup works!

Latest posts

Members online