Picked up a 17

Jomax

Reaction score
Pretty much. This is a self healing film(heals itself with heat) that is 8mil thick. It protects the paint from rock chips, scratches etc.

You wrapped the whole truck with suntek!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i could see the front end , and maybe the lower rear quarters ..

i guess if it all stays perfect then awesome , but man that's a beautiful truck to clear !

Jmuck

Reaction score
How much was it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I just purchased materials, I own a restyling shop. An install such as this: Door handle cups, rockers (entire length of truck) front of fenders, 8" of hood is $2,500.

Jomax

Reaction score

i guess if it all stays perfect then awesome , but man that's a beautiful truck to clear !

Next blue jeans metallic truck I get will get full front fenders, hood, rockers, and bumpers.

I regret not doing this truck, my rockers are peppered.

If done right 3m suntek is pretty much invisible.

Jmuck

Reaction score
I know for a car to do a FULL wrap is 3k plus

Paint protection for a full car with a quality product is more like 6K. Material is so much more than wrap material.

Jmuck

Reaction score

That's the beauty of it, this film still allows the metallic and paint depth really show through like it's not covered. Do a proper paint correction and detail before applying the film and it's going to be that way from there on out.

Jmuck

Reaction score
You wrapped the whole truck with suntek!?!

I use LLumar film at my place.

I contemplated doing the entire thing. I only did the rockers from the body line down and part of the front fender. We will be doing the entire hood once LLumar updates that pattern so the letters are cut out correctly. Oh and the door handle cups, I hate seeing scratches from finger nails on the doors.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That's the beauty of it, this film still allows the metallic and paint depth really show through like it's not covered. Do a proper paint correction and detail before applying the film and it's going to be that way from there on out.

doesn't yellow ? or what is the lifespan ?

Jomax

Reaction score
Paint protection for a full car with a quality product is more like 6K. Material is so much more than wrap material.

Where are you located? Guy I use uses Xpel or 3m suntek.

Jmuck

Reaction score
Got the new mirror caps back from paint, much needed part on these new mirrors. Bonus points for them being far cheaper than the previous style. $15 each.
6C7C6D18-82C0-415F-8D0C-5DAE02AECB38_zpskt8mokql.jpg

Mpoage

Reaction score
I saw this truck at Bob Moore when I was there looking at 17's. I'm guessing it was you driving it as well. I was in the 13' ruby red platinum.

Jmuck

Reaction score
I saw this truck at Bob Moore when I was there looking at 17's. I'm guessing it was you driving it as well. I was in the 13' ruby red platinum.

Yes sir. I passed you as I was pulling through the fleet side?

That's where I bought it. They are my biggest customer, stop by the shop sometime and say hi. I'm located just behind Ajax on 84th

Jmuck

Reaction score
Managed to block out some time to give the truck a little personality.

Added a 2" front level kit, 22x10 Fuel titans and 37" Trail Grapplers. Very little trimming required and it's just enough to tide me over until the big lift goes on next year.

61D7AF42-7E7D-4179-9BA8-4144413BC3A3_zpsvot5p9iz.jpg

F91B82A9-61B6-4C4B-BF6D-3DDD1E05853B_zps9moiu7tf.jpg

I also ordered up a spare set of fender emblems. Got them torn down and to paint.

2CC3514F-CEFE-41CA-BDDA-EB3CBDC8B683_zpshz0jkvgj.jpg

Jmuck

Reaction score
Where did you get your leveling kit? Cost?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I just used one of my Rough Country 514 kit. . It's a 2". If a 2.5" or 3" is used when they become available, it'll need a trac bar bracket or adjustable trac bar IMO.

Latest posts

Members online