pics of fender flares

TyCorr

Reaction score
I don't see how you people live with that crap. I am super anal about touching up scratches, and flip sht over door dings. If a bed is $1500, it's a better investment to just buy the bed, and suck up the cost. Even if it doesn't match, than to spend money on flares to mask it til you can buy the bed. Just my .02.

If you can't afford to do it right the first time, you sure as hell can't afford to do it again.

Idk.where everybody shops but ive callled thirty places that have beds. 1800 is.the cheapest Ive found. No.gate and still needs body work. Stuff that's decent with a gate is 2500. The new takeoffs with shortbeds and gate are 3500 on up...a bed 12-1500 is in the same shape as his, unfortunately.

bruce

Reaction score
Idk.where everybody shops but ive callled thirty places that have beds. 1800 is.the cheapest Ive found. No.gate and still needs body work. Stuff that's decent with a gate is 2500. The new takeoffs with shortbeds and gate are 3500 on up...a bed 12-1500 is in the same shape as his, unfortunately.

if thats the case im gonna start hot shottin and buyin trucks down south, sellin the beds and scrappin the rest

ToMang07

Reaction score

There are almost NO shortbeds up here. I called/text'd/emailed dozens of places, the only ones that had them wanted more than a new one ($2,500+) for USED beds. (only 2 I found.) A few places have new ones, but the short beds are all stripped, no trim, lights, and gate is a shell. Those range from $2,100-3,500 here depending where you shop. And I searched from VT, NH, ME, and MA.

FTR I paid $2,100 for mine. Primer white 2013, completely stripped w/ stripped gate.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cut out wheel wells = fixed rusted spots + able to run bigger cheap tires.

Win win.

Except.that whole passing inspection issue which was the reason for the repair in the first place.

@Bruce-thats where the people up here get them. They go down with a semi and haul nothing but beds up.

bruce

Reaction score
Except.that whole passing inspection issue which was the reason for the repair in the first place.

@Bruce-thats where the people up here get them. They go down with a semi and haul nothing but beds up.

don't need a semi, just need a long trailer. even at 1500 a piece you could make a killin

dsberman94

Reaction score
If that's what you'll fail for there its good I don't live in pa! I have massive holes :( need a whole new bed

The roads destroy our suspension and the salt and road crud destroys everything else. And the economy is completely in the chitter. Be happy. There's a reason I'm moving south next summer.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
if thats the case im gonna start hot shottin and buyin trucks down south, sellin the beds and scrappin the rest

I got a guys contact information a while ago and lost it. But he buys new take off beds from down south for 300-500 and bring them use here and sells them for 2500-3000. Makes a killing.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Cut fenders not ok for passing inspection?

Nope. Has to have the fenders. Could cut out and weld new in but why. Easier to cover. Especially when the inside is starting to rust from a plastic liner being there. I also have to put my amber covers back on my clearance lights or put the amber bulbs back in. Need 2 tires obviously. Even dumber is the flares aren't supposed to be more than something like an inch from the original body except on jeeps. I might have to remove my front tint but they might just let it slide. Luckily my county doesn't have emissions testing for diesels. My dad's county does. I ***in hate this state. You can't get a regular cab shirt bed super duty to pass inspection because it has frame modifications. Fuel prices go up because of a new road tax and the roads get worse. So where the hell is all that money going. One more year of the BS. Thank god.

space_heretic

Reaction score
4y3e6ude.jpg

Although I don't have rust that bad I still have a blown cab corner and a lot of other rusty spots. I bought fender flares from prestige they are rivet style. Good customer service even sent me a new rear set free after a flare flew off on freeway. I plastidiped the lower half of the truck to cover surface rust/peeling paint and the grey two tone. Not the best but works. Oh yeah in Texas short beds go for no less than 1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
4y3e6ude.jpg

Although I don't have rust that bad I still have a blown cab corner and a lot of other rusty spots. I bought fender flares from prestige they are rivet style. Good customer service even sent me a new rear set free after a flare flew off on freeway. I plastidiped the lower half of the truck to cover surface rust/peeling paint and the grey two tone. Not the best but works. Oh yeah in Texas short beds go for no less than 1500.

Thanks for the pic bud. Not a fan of the rivet style though. Hopefully one day I'll find a good desk on a bed. Aparently there was one 15 miles away no rust but it was gone really quick. Because it was under 900

Lang

Reaction score
Bondo is pretty cheap... Don't see why you don't sand that, bondo in, sand, shaker can for an inspection... Sure in the hell cheaper than a bed/flares. It's not a show truck obviously...

space_heretic

Reaction score
If your beds not got any broken through spots just sand blast it and throw some por15 on it. Than slap that bed liner back on it. They make none rivet style for the same price sand off the loose rust on those bed sides and spray rust converter. If the inspection places give you issues make up a story on how they were dealer a dons or factory options just like the 2500 Chevys.

dsberman94

Reaction score
If your beds not got any broken through spots just sand blast it and throw some por15 on it. Than slap that bed liner back on it. They make none rivet style for the same price sand off the loose rust on those bed sides and spray rust converter. If the inspection places give you issues make up a story on how they were dealer a dons or factory options just like the 2500 Chevys.

Bed has a huge dent and rotted through small spots. They won't care about the flares just as long as there's no rot holes. I'll be good now.

Thread can be closed. I've got what I needed to know.

Latest posts