Pistons

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The only way to prove they are stronger is to take an average (so many trucks with stuck injectors, stock pistons, how many pistons fail). Then take the same amount of trucks (it needs to be a large number, with Elite's pistons, and injector sticking and see how many pistons let go)

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

derrick36

Reaction score
but what would answer your question with testing derrick? if its stock, it wont be different, if its high hp it wont be different. thats my point/question, what would answer this? put them in 20 1000+ hp trucks with spray an see if they all live? its so hard to know. you just have to put some faith into it, many of these parts are faith based, thats why people choose to do business with some of these comapnies. because they have delievered what they say it will do. now if a few sets of these fail, like quick, we all know. like tadd said, its re engineered, to give us a better chance of having the pistons live.

That's easy. If the higher HP trucks run these, then Elite can come back and say that these are tested to X-number HP with spray/without spray etc.

If these are being run in Shone's truck, Rudy's truck, your drag truck, etc then they can say that they've been tested to whatever numbers those trucks are laying down. That holds more weight than just saying they're better because I said so.

Then it's not a faith based decision. It turns into one based off of fact.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
but what would answer your question with testing derrick? if its stock, it wont be different, if its high hp it wont be different. thats my point/question, what would answer this? put them in 20 1000+ hp trucks with spray an see if they all live? its so hard to know. you just have to put some faith into it, many of these parts are faith based, thats why people choose to do business with some of these comapnies. because they have delievered what they say it will do. now if a few sets of these fail, like quick, we all know. like tadd said, its re engineered, to give us a better chance of having the pistons live.

Exactly.
Derrick: Now you would like them to give out samples for customers to test them? If Elite was a huge corporation, it may occur. But they aren't and they need to get money in when parts go out.

So if it works on three trucks you will buy into it and say it is proven??

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Shouldnt we be looking at cylinder temps for sustained periods rather than hp numbers?

derrick36

Reaction score
Exactly.
Derrick: Now you would like them to give out samples for customers to test them? If Elite was a huge corporation, it may occur. But they aren't and they need to get money in when parts go out.

3 trucks is better than no trucks isn't it?

How they handle product testing definitely isn't up to me, but it seems like there might be better options than this.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly.

again i buy on the advice of people much smarter than i. my green truck will be major fuel only hp in the next 2 weeks, we'll start with that.

derrick36

Reaction score
Shouldnt we be looking at cylinder temps for sustained periods rather than hp numbers?

I don't know if that those are numbers that the common person looking for a solution to a problem can relate to.

That ad wouldn't look very good in a magazine.

WoodBoy

Reaction score

How they handle product testing definitely isn't up to me, but it seems like there might be better options than this.

You would pretty much have to find some trucks with stuck injectors to run them for a while. Im not to sure of many people who would be willing to test that. I wouldnt unless they cover labor and provide a new long block

Erikclaw

Reaction score

Yes, but we have seen what works on one doesn't necessarily work the same on another. Some have issues when others never do. These things have personalities. I had a cracked head and blown HG's, and Mike's had no issues while spraying it when we were just running tunes.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
This is gonna open up some worms, why is it everyone backs elite so hard, I mean look at MPD everyone says there single isn't as good as twins and it was going on to the point it got moved to another forum, a guy wants answers, elite can put there piston on a scale next to a stock one and show a weight difference correct without giving any of there secret metal blends right? I don't think anyone's bashing them they just want legit answers if your gonna post a number..

jdgleason

Reaction score
This is gonna open up some worms, why is it everyone backs elite so hard, I mean look at MPD everyone says there single isn't as good as twins and it was going on to the point it got moved to another forum, a guy wants answers, elite can put there piston on a scale next to a stock one and show a weight difference correct without giving any of there secret metal blends right? I don't think anyone's bashing them they just want legit answers if your gonna post a number..

No numbers posted. My original post stated these were redesigned. I didnt promise anything or state any numbers.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
MDP makes a great single numbers and it is fine for dd. Just take their word on it. What is the difference? Why would their thread get moved to another forum? Just because some of us didn't buy into the hype?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

what number was posted? mpd did something so out of the box, honestly alot of us were skeptical, me included. they backed it up, nuff said. the only thing for discussion there is true daily drivability.

this is a simple topic- new piston design with intent for more strength and longevity, not currently on any vehicle but the design is there to be stronger.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.