PMR Tuning Question

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
littlered and David do you guys run on your higher tunes. I'll be running 250s on pmrs this week didn't know if you guys kept it on low tunes.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I've ran on my hot tune quite a bit. 7 sled pulls and a dozen boosted launches lots of " races" . I'm not real big into building a truck with higher hp then never driving it. Ove come to peace with the fact its probably gonna blow on me one day...

autocorrected by taptalk

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Hard compared to a tune hell yes. If I spool more than 4 psi in a 2wd launch I just roast tires . I've almost has to re learn how to drive between the touchy throttle , smoke, AND just more power..

autocorrected by taptalk

David N

Reaction score
I drive mine on the hottest tune 100% of the time. Only time I switch it is to put it on the high idle setting.

About 25K like this... Fingers Crossed.

Im going to run the 1/4 thursday night. I guess we will see once and for all how much power I am actually making.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I figured itll blow but im going to get a forged block to swap. How do they run? Does it pull pretty hard? I'm going from 180/100s

Hard compared to a tune hell yes. If I spool more than 4 psi in a 2wd launch I just roast tires . I've almost has to re learn how to drive between the touchy throttle , smoke, AND just more power..

autocorrected by taptalk

I don't disagree with anything said here. But I would like to point something out. Dentex, you're asking a guy who has the same power as what your 180/100s would make in a hot tune. I understand why littleredstroker is running at 400hp. We're overlooking a few details here is all.

Carry on.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
David, what does your ICP look like during the shift? Just curious if the hybrids hold a good bit of pressure at that RPM with a stock pump..

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything said here. But I would like to point something out. Dentex, you're asking a guy who has the same power as what your 180/100s would make in a hot tune. I understand why littleredstroker is running at 400hp. We're overlooking a few details here is all.

Carry on.

I'm glad you pointed that out didn't notice that... I told matt to tune it for what its. going to be built to so it may run a bit hotter for me

David N

Reaction score
David, what does your ICP look like during the shift? Just curious if the hybrids hold a good bit of pressure at that RPM with a stock pump..

I don't know man to be honest. Ive never had any type of readings pulled from my truck. I would like to know if I need a new pump or not though.

Jason

Reaction score
Ive had the opportunity to flog a 500rw 7.3 truck a decent bit. Its nothing crazy, does it run good? Impressive for what it is, and how versatile it can still be? Hell yes. Realistically, it is still a mid 13 second truck, which is impressive for a 8k lb. Brick, but compared to so many of the newer vehicles, its not all that great. A solid 425rw dd truck, is more than enough for the vast majority of people, while keeping egt's almost non-existent, smoke to a light haze, and good fuel mileage..plus the ability to still yank more than the truck should have behind it, at far higher speeds than you should even consider.

THAT being said...as much as I would love to find another super clean low mileage cclb 7.3 truck, I also got the chance to flog a buddies h&s tuned 6.4. I let him flog my car, and while it, itself is not necessarily "fast", it will still run 12's on factory pirelli tires. While his truck was definitely not faster, it made smooth crisp power, once the converter locked, it pulled harder and harder. Dunno what kinda power it makes, fuly deleted with h&s 300 tune, and he pulls his12k dump trailer in that tune. That dang 6.4 made me want to kick rocks at a dang 7.3 truck all together lol.

Sorry for the derail, i guess my point is for the guy asking how a bigger injectored 7.3 truck ran, it will run good..but you will still get walked on by newer diesels with tunes and deletes. The smoother, easier power 6.4 won me over in one drive.