PMR Tuning Question

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Ive had the opportunity to flog a 500rw 7.3 truck a decent bit. Its nothing crazy, does it run good? Impressive for what it is, and how versatile it can still be? Hell yes. Realistically, it is still a mid 13 second truck, which is impressive for a 8k lb. Brick, but compared to so many of the newer vehicles, its not all that great. A solid 425rw dd truck, is more than enough for the vast majority of people, while keeping egt's almost non-existent, smoke to a light haze, and good fuel mileage..plus the ability to still yank more than the truck should have behind it, at far higher speeds than you should even consider.

THAT being said...as much as I would love to find another super clean low mileage cclb 7.3 truck, I also got the chance to flog a buddies h&s tuned 6.4. I let him flog my car, and while it, itself is not necessarily "fast", it will still run 12's on factory pirelli tires. While his truck was definitely not faster, it made smooth crisp power, once the converter locked, it pulled harder and harder. Dunno what kinda power it makes, fuly deleted with h&s 300 tune, and he pulls his12k dump trailer in that tune. That dang 6.4 made me want to kick rocks at a dang 7.3 truck all together lol.

Sorry for the derail, i guess my point is for the guy asking how a bigger injectored 7.3 truck ran, it will run good..but you will still get walked on by newer diesels with tunes and deletes. The smoother, easier power 6.4 won me over in one drive.

This is true.

I raced a 06 Cummings with a tune and got beat by a length. I have about 8 k$ in my truck.. if you want a ton of power I would suggest not a 7.3

autocorrected by taptalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
This is true.

I raced a 06 Cummings with a tune and got beat by a length. I have about 8 k$ in my truck.. if you want a ton of power I would suggest not a 7.3

autocorrected by taptalk

Even with my current set up I've raced my buddies 07 5.9 and walked on him. I wish i had dynoed my truck with 180s

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.