Possible Boost leak , ideas?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
So swapped forged rod motor for my blown. Added studs and springs, and fuel system. Get in to go for a ride and it was incredibly disappointing. Gearheads tunes, fuels till i get to 15-18 psi and hits a wall. Sometimes if I hit it just right it will go to 21-22 then drop to 17 within a second or so . It will ride 15psi and 1050* from 20- 100 in my all out tune, and not a puff of smoke. Ok so talked to Matt and he says that if I have a boost leak with his tunes and the map pressure it won't fuel .
So last night I swap turbos to a new TN ( started motor with stocker in case something shat the bed) Checked all boots and they are all good. Intercooler was the same one that I had with my old motor ( held 35+) really the only thing I changed was intake plenums. They are painted but I can't see that keeping the boots from holding ? I used gray international silicone when I put them on so they should be good.. gonna build a leak detector tonight and see where thay goes, unless anyone else has any ideas

sent while staring at a windowed block

Barnhartal

Reaction score
Have you verified your fuel pressure and hpop readings just out of curiosity? I would think running out of fuel could cause the symptoms your describing

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I have not... Running s
A single walbro 392 , brand new . But could be , I didn't even think about that... I'll check it out

Ic pressure 45%/2900-3000

02BigD

Reaction score
No boost fooled correct? D you have AE or a scan gauge? Really would be curious what the map is seeing, and what the HPOP system is doing.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Map reads 12 over boost. Via scangauge... Revved it up in park and gauge on my RR went to 0... I am set up for dual pumps, should get the 2nd pump tomorrow...

What I'm.wondering is is this normal.for a single pump ? Or is it already bad

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would be worried that the walbro would bleed pressure back through to the suction side. I do not believe they have a check valve on the discharge.

I would remove it or block it off.

Barnhartal

Reaction score
Know its not a direct cross over but on my offroad gasser rig I had a small chunk of rubber stuck in the supply line. pressure was fine at idle. Rev it up and demand more fuel and the rubber would than block off the line causing pressure to go to zero. Went through 3 aftermarket pumps before I figured it out. Upside I now have 2 spares lol.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Know its not a direct cross over but on my offroad gasser rig I had a small chunk of rubber stuck in the supply line. pressure was fine at idle. Rev it up and demand more fuel and the rubber would than block off the line causing pressure to go to zero. Went through 3 aftermarket pumps before I figured it out. Upside I now have 2 spares lol.

I'll check that too.
Since suction was new along with pickup tube, is it possible that sucking the air burned it up ?

Barnhartal

Reaction score
What ya using for pickup?
Try running a line from inlet of pump to a can of fuel. Will tell you if its pre pump or post.

Latest posts

Members online