Powemax and 155

Twan

Reaction score
Update, got new intercooler boots, intake manifold on, egts driven around stay the same, turbo lights a little faster, pulling the 5th wheel egts are lower, can pull 75-80 and keep them under 1300 in overdrive, still have to watch it, but nothing like I did before. Intercooler is waiting to go on. Just got to save up some cash again.

Twan

Reaction score
Updata on truck, got the intercooler on, a new billet wheel, regulated return, head studs and the snow plow fan clutch installed. Egts are completely controllable pulling the 5th wheel. My water and oil stay cooler, still have to watch them on the mountain pass.
Out side temp was in the 50-60 on 5-7% grads and never seen over 240 on oil, pulled 45-60 mph with the 5th wheel up the pass. Once I hit the Utah line on I-70 it got really windy and egts were still easy to control.

Twan

Reaction score
I'm not sure who build the wheel, I got it from a member on hear to see if it would get ride of the powermax turbo surge, and it did.

Twan

Reaction score
Last up date, pulled the passes again for country jam, temp was in the 90's and 70's on passes. I was able to control egts but had to slow down do to high water and oil temp, other than on the passes oil, water and egts did great in the heat, to me. Mostly 200-210 water and 205-220 on oil egts would sit around the 1200 mark. Truck will pull the trailer at 1200 rpms also.

OCOutdoors

Reaction score
Those temps don't seem high at all. I just got back from vacation pulling my trailer in 100* temps and my eot got up to 240 and ect got to 224 at times.

Twan

Reaction score
On the mountain passes I could hit 240 water 250 oil, so I was taken it easy, but on he rest of the hills I never seen over 220 oil. I also had the snow plow fan clutch, my fan kicks on at 205-210 water.

Twan

Reaction score
I missed it twan but did you leave the egr hooked up to make sure your fan turns on 100% ?

Yes, egr is still in place, when I get the oil and water temps hot I'm pushing it. 5-7% grades loaded down and outside temp is over 70*.

Gearhead

Reaction score
how does the fan clutch affect things when the computer commands the fan speed?

Twan

Reaction score
Not fully sure what you mean.
The only thing I noticed after putting it in is it runs way more.

Latest posts

Members online