POWER-STRUCK Tunes

WYO7.3

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here, I'm usually just a lurker but I've been running the power struck 75 tune for about 500 miles in my e99 and I'm by far super impressed. My brother runs edge products and swears by them when I ride in his truck his tranny slams and shifts rough. I figured my shifting would be similar to his but is butter smooth. Doesn't slam some times I have to watch my rpms to make sure it's shifting its that smooth. As far as egts it seems to keep them low I pulled a 15000 pound water tank granted it was only for 10 miles at the time I never saw over 1100. Smoke, I'm not a fan of smoke. This tune doesn't smoke hardly at all. When it does smoke it's a haze not a ugly thick cloud. So between the power, shifting, and the lack of smoke I'm highly impressed. Looking to upgrade to the 8 position chip soon and will update after. Also if anyone wants photos or videos of shifting let me know.

Petro

Reaction score
Go ahead and post some videos, I would do it myself but don't own a video camera.

Last edited:

Desertdweller

Reaction score
Installed my chip this morning ...Easily the best tune I've ever ran, the cleanest and best shifting. I have other tunes from three of the most common tuners and this tune is easily the best. Customer service has been extremely great, answers all my questions and always responds to messages. Fast shipping and constant shipping updates. Justin is a great guy to do business with and has a great product.

gman1

Reaction score
My 8 position chip should be here early next week. When I get it installed I will give my opinion. Hopefully Its as good as everyone says.

Petro

Reaction score
My Buddy just purchased a chip from Justin and I installed it tonight on his 97 Reglular Cab. Again the Truck Runs Great, Shifting is spot on, Good Power for an OBS and minimal smoke. Runs like a new pickup, Im very impressed again.

Turbo Man

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Power-Struck tuning with 200/30 single shot hybrids? I think I am going to try his tuning and would like to know if anyone has tried it with hybrid injectors. I wish I had a spair TS chip to send in to try his tuning. I think il be stuck with the penny pincher chip to try the tunes. Don't want to give up my current tuning until I know if the tuning works well for my truck.

INFRNL

Reaction score
Might have to give him a call tomorrow. I'm always up to trying new tunes. Hopefully he offers tunes to be emailed so I can burn them myself

Turbo Man

Reaction score
Might have to give him a call tomorrow. I'm always up to trying new tunes. Hopefully he offers tunes to be emailed so I can burn them myself

Justin is on this site so you can pm if you want, he responds verry quickly. I don't believe he can email tunes. I was hoping he could but be doesn't. That's why I may have to buy one of his penny pincher chips to try his tuning. He can reburn TS chips. Mabe I need to check the classifieds and see if I can find a used TS chip for cheap to send him to reburn.

Last edited:

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
I shouldn't be in this thread because i feel it is an area where you can have an open unbiased discussion. just wanted to let you know that tunes can be emailed

INFRNL

Reaction score
I have a tiny bit of updated info to share. I will try to keep it short and to the point (which I'm not very good at).

1st off as Justin has confirmed along with myself; If you have your own burner, Justin will email tunes to you.

If I didn't see this thread I would not be here today to share some of my thoughts....Thanks Petro for starting this thread!

I ended up pm'ing Justin the other day, Think it was Wed. Justin responded very quickly to my PM as others mentioned he would. I ended up calling an talking to Justin about some tunes and some things that bother me from other tunes I have from other places, etc.
We talked for a little bit and Justin said he would send me a test tune to try it and what I thought about it before we proceeded to do a set of tunes. How can anyone turn that down.

Justin had the test tune sent to me in a very short time. He sent me what I needed to get the tune burned, gave me instructions, etc. I tried the tune and decided right away that I wanted to do a full set of tunes. We sent messages back and forth a little and decided what tunes to go with.
Let me just say that I swear Justin lives on this forum. I have talked to Justin at all hours of the day from Wed through today, even on the 4th.

As far as I am concerned, his customer service is second to none. I do not know if he is always like this, but from what others have said; he is almost always online or gets back to you extremely quick IMO.

So now that we got that out of the way and we all know that he has great customer service; I will give you a few details of tunes.

I have 250/100 injectors on PMR's. I know someone was asking if his tuning is different for pmr's. Yes he has them tuned back to be safe for your pmrs and he can adjust them to your liking. I'll give you an example here shortly.

I have not had time to really get a good feel for ea tune but I can say a few good words for now.
As other have mentioned, his tunes have minimal smoke, very smooth power curve, and shifting is excellent. EGT's seem to be minimal as well. I will try to give more detailed results tomorrow or as I can with time.

I do not have minotaur or any software to compare how his tunes are written compared to others. I do not know Justin's background or anything because I never bothered to ask. However I would put his tunes up against all the other big names out there. Justin's tunes are top shelf in my book along with his customer service; just as the other big names out there.
I told Justin with the limited time I had to test his tunes that I thought the daily75 tune seemed more mellow than what I am used to on a daily tune, but I had to do more testing/comparing. It could partly be my imagination along with he is tuning for pmrs, but he let me know that he can always make adjustments to get the tunes how I would like them.

Sorry I drug it out....told you I was not good at the short and sweet replies. Anyway....

I am very glad that I decided to try Justin's tunes. His tunes are great, customer service, and price. I do not think there is anyone out there that can compete with his pricing.

I will report back after I can get more solid info for comparing to my other tunes. If there is anyone that is on the fence, do not hesitate to call or pm Justin and try his tunes. You will be extremely happy with your experience.

Last edited:

Turbo Man

Reaction score
I have a tiny bit of updated info to share. I will try to keep it short and to the point (which I'm not very good at).

1st off as Justin has confirmed along with myself; If you have your own burner, Justin will email tunes to you.

If I didn't see this thread I would not be here today to share some of my thoughts....Thanks Petro for starting this thread!

I ended up pm'ing Justin the other day, Think it was Wed. Justin responded very quickly to my PM as others mentioned he would. I ended up calling an talking to Justin about some tunes and some things that bother me from other tunes I have from other places, etc.
We talked for a little bit and Justin said he would send me a test tune to try it and what I thought about it before we proceeded to do a set of tunes. How can anyone turn that down.

Justin had the test tune sent to me in a very short time. He sent me what I needed to get the tune burned, gave me instructions, etc. I tried the tune and decided right away that I wanted to do a full set of tunes. We sent messages back and forth a little and decided what tunes to go with.
Let me just say that I swear Justin lives on this forum. I have talked to Justin at all hours of the day from Wed through today, even on the 4th.

As far as I am concerned, his customer service is second to none. I do not know if he is always like this, but from what others have said; he is almost always online or gets back to you extremely quick IMO.

So now that we got that out of the way and we all know that he has great customer service; I will give you a few details of tunes.

I have 250/100 injectors on PMR's. I know someone was asking if his tuning is different for pmr's. Yes he has them tuned back to be safe for your pmrs and he can adjust them to your liking. I'll give you an example here shortly.

I have not had time to really get a good feel for ea tune but I can say a few good words for now.
As other have mentioned, his tunes have minimal smoke, very smooth power curve, and shifting is excellent. EGT's seem to be minimal as well. I will try to give more detailed results tomorrow or as I can with time.

I do not have minotaur or any software to compare how his tunes are written compared to others. I do not know Justin's background or anything because I never bothered to ask. However I would put his tunes up against all the other big names out there. Justin's tunes are top shelf in my book along with his customer service; just as the other big names out there.
I told Justin with the limited time I had to test his tunes that I thought the daily75 tune seemed more mellow than what I am used to on a daily tune, but I had to do more testing/comparing. It could partly be my imagination along with he is tuning for pmrs, but he let me know that he can always make adjustments to get the tunes how I would like them.

Sorry I drug it out....told you I was not good at the short and sweet replies. Anyway....

I am very glad that I decided to try Justin's tunes. His tunes are great, customer service, and price. I do not think there is anyone out there that can compete with his pricing.

I will report back after I can get more solid info for comparing to my other tunes. If there is anyone that is on the fence, do not hesitate to call or pm Justin and try his tunes. You will be extremely happy with your experience.

I am ready to try Justin's tuning. I have a question for you. Do you Know what your ICP and pulse width at idol is running at with the new tuning you just received? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online