More Power?

• Powermax

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 64/71/70 + diverter

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

dstryr

Reaction score
What will produce the most street able power and smoke the least with 190s? I'm leaning towards the non-vgt...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just to give you an opinion since the big dogs wont be back till tmw most likely.

If your looking for streetable power go with the vgt powermax. Your just gonna get better spool/less smoke with it. From hanging out around here, I've pretty much let the idea of a non vgt single go. Unless your into the cummings blow smoke thing LOL

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
for the most streetable...i'd say powermax. that is specifically what the VGT is designed for. the size of injectors you have will obviously determine the amount of smoke. I have 190's and on the street under normal driving, they're just fine. the one shortfall of the pmax is that it runs out of air on the top end with bigger injectors. at that point, the 64 will flow more and pull a little harder at the top.

strokin6L

Reaction score
my 64/71/70 does spool a little bit slower than a VGT, but it has very good throttle response with a tuned FICM and doesn't smoke much at all unless you want it to. I ran my casserly 190's with my stock charger for a while and it did good. The key with the smoke and the turbo...is all in the tuning.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Here's a couple vids i had made for someone cause he wanted to see how my setup smoked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQbcSAo6j-U

in this second vid i got on it hard for a split second after it shifted in OD(around the 1:35 mark)...and that's when it smoked. The VGT will do the same thing. Then at the 2:46 mark i went to about 3/4 throttle and let out of it around the 3:05 mark and was doing around 70mph. Doesn't smoke that much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVAjwhBPro

dstryr

Reaction score
my 64/71/70 does spool a little bit slower than a VGT, but it has very good throttle response with a tuned FICM and doesn't smoke much at all unless you want it to. I ran my casserly 190's with my stock charger for a while and it did good. The key with the smoke and the turbo...is all in the tuning.

How does the truck feel going from the stock turbo and 190s' to the 64mm and 190s? how much of a difference in EGTs and power?

strokin6L

Reaction score
definitly more power and pulls stronger on the top end. EGT's cruising in OD at around 60-65 are roughtly 700ish or so on a hot day. The egt's are pretty close to when i was running the stock turbo with the 190's, but maybe a tad higher...not much tho. A 64mm is a great match for 190's.

strokin6L

Reaction score
looks like yours runs a little warmer than mine cruising at that speed. I know your in km and not mph, but mine runs cooler than 850*.

motoxracer42

Reaction score
na the extended tip wheels in bw chargers make the most beautiful noise. i honestly see no comparison between a powermax and a 64mm non vgt. you guys are not giving the non vgt enough credit lol. not even on the same level of chargers.

strokin6L

Reaction score
na the extended tip wheels in bw chargers make the most beautiful noise. i honestly see no comparison between a powermax and a 64mm non vgt. you guys are not giving the non vgt enough credit lol. not even on the same level of chargers.

I agree matt. I love my 64mm non VGT charger...just gotta change it up a little bit haha!

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
havnt yet i was thinking about it. do you guys know how accurate the OBD port EBP readings are? im not seeing anything higher then 58 at WOT i know thats good im just hopeing that they are right

Latest posts

Members online