Pretty amazing

STR8LINE

Reaction score
What could be simpler than leaving the valve, which you already have, in place?

Why have a chunk of metal, ie:EGR Valve.. that is purposeless after the EGR Delete... other than too "fool" an eclectrical woo

Espeacially when you have a Nice lowprofile, lightwieght Billet piece of aluminum too go Purposely in its place?

I think the More inginuitive part would be too make a plug that you stick your factory harness into and it completes the circut that is needed.. Might even have a resistor in it, idk.. Just speculation at this point.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A snap on swivel almost killed me once. I think swivels in general suck lol

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
for those worrying about having to leave the egr valve in there to keep cel's off and codes gone, it just helps those who have to emission test. If they look under the hood see the billet (red flag) have a reason to look further. If they see nothing out of the ordinary they're less likely to look further for things to make you fail.

strokin6L

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with how you command the fan to come on. You can command 100% fan with the NGS and only get 30% on the trucks that have this issue..... It has nothing to do with the tuner's ability.

One big feature of the SCT is that it disables the egr valve from functioning. I guess what i'm not understanding is...if the egr valve is disabled/turned off, then how is it still being able to do anything, especially control the duty cycle of the fan? Can you elaborate more on this Matt? Thanks

Gearhead

Reaction score
One big feature of the SCT is that it disables the egr valve from functioning. I guess what i'm not understanding is...if the egr valve is disabled/turned off, then how is it still being able to do anything, especially control the duty cycle of the fan? Can you elaborate more on this Matt? Thanks

Most are not even aware of it even with the proper tuning...... it only shows up when things get really hot or you are towing...... it has to do with the driver circit for the fan clutch or something is my guess.....

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Wow we have a problem we cant deal with lol. So matt what do we do about it? To correct the fan? Plug it up? Or turn it on with the SCT or both? Do you know? Thank you!

strokin6L

Reaction score
Wow we have a problem we cant deal with lol. So matt what do we do about it? To correct the fan? Plug it up? Or turn it on with the SCT or both? Do you know? Thank you!

well my guess is if you're running factory fan, install the egr valve back into the manifold and keep it plugged in. Or install some aftermarket electric fans. Installing electric fans isn't gonna be for everyone.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Most are not even aware of it even with the proper tuning...... it only shows up when things get really hot or you are towing...... it has to do with the driver circit for the fan clutch or something is my guess.....
Judging from the way they're wired together, I'd say thats a pretty good guess.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Fords weird about their wiring tiring into everything so I believe he is right about it completing the circuit. On my 7.3 (I know different truck blah blah) my ebpv and high idle wouldn't work unless my fuel bowl heater was plugged in.

Fat fingered from the phone-Corey

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Fords weird about their wiring tiring into everything so I believe he is right about it completing the circuit. On my 7.3 (I know different truck blah blah) my ebpv and high idle wouldn't work unless my fuel bowl heater was plugged in.

Fat fingered from the phone-Corey
Ford isn't the only one doing it this way. Some imports have been this way for a long time. I've wanted to disable the daytime running lights on our 2010 STi, but without a diagram I am scared to do it for fear of what else it may effect in a weird obsure way, much like the fan deal here on the 6.0.

OP, sorry for the derail, again. Maybe you should change the name of the thread to "What else can the EGR fawk up?" LOL

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'd like some e fans but dang you cant beat the factory cfm. I have noticed my fan acts a lil weird sometimes. I wonder if this is all related.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
So basically we have come to conclusion that the fan cannot be 100% with out the completion of the egr circuit which is a wiring issue. So it is not a issues with either ficm tuning or pcm tuning right? I remember 2-3yrs ago this came up and it was suspected to be due to the ficm then it went quiet for a few years and now the issue comes up again. So the next step would be to either develop a egr valve fooler for those with out a egr and or people that don't want one in the truck.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I don't think this is a huge problem and it can be easily sovled. I just reconnected mine. Oh well, until someone comes out with an official fix that will have to work. I'll be happy.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'd like some e fans but dang you cant beat the factory cfm. I have noticed my fan acts a lil weird sometimes. I wonder if this is all related.

The factory fan does flow more, but i know a few who have the flex-a-lite fans like i do and they tow alot....and no over heating issues. One thing i did notice with mine...is that my coolant temp is a little cooler at times with these electric fans, but it's probably how i have them setup comeing on at. No complaints here.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
hmmm Do tell. Tow weight, general abuse. How dop you have them setup? I had totally thrown the idea out the window a while back at the nation. I was trying to find some to atleast try to match 10000cfmish but no dice. Whatcha got??
Or I link name anything to give me a starting place. How did changing to e fans affect the motor if any? Most said the gains were't there to be had? Is your intercooler the only thing aftermarket in the cooler dept?

May as well give up on this thread being anything other than what OP wanted LOL

Latest posts

Members online