Pretty amazing

strokin6L

Reaction score
one guy told me he tows roughly 10-12K(not including weight of truck) very often. They have their own wiring system and are controled from a VSC(variable speed controler) where you can have them come on at a certain temp depending on where you have the temp probe installed in the radiator. The fans didn't change/affect the engine and how it runs at all. Other than the fans, and intercooler, i have a CFM+ large mouth and water injection. Here's a link to the flex-a-lite fans http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/272-diesel.html. Installation http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/278-98278.pdf

strokin6L

Reaction score
pics

Attachments

• 139.JPG
    139.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 145.JPG
    145.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 158.JPG
    158.JPG
    916 KB · Views: 38
  • 159.JPG
    159.JPG
    963.1 KB · Views: 39

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If it didnt affect it then why did you do it? Im thinking it should run a tad bit better without dragging the fan along.

strokin6L

Reaction score
If it didnt affect it then why did you do it? Im thinking it should run a tad bit better without dragging the fan along.

the reason i did it is cause i got the fans dirt cheap from a buddy and i wanted more room. Maybe they did free up a few more hp, but if they did, you're not gonna notice a seat of the pants improvement.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Recover 27HP and boost your fuel mileage by 6% just by
eliminating your stock clutch fan assembly

From the website^^Whats up?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Exactly! I wonder if it'll cool some oil!

it's possible. You can get a billet filter cap and mount the cooler up front near the other coolers and have a line running from the cap then into the cooler...then another line out of the cooler then into the oil filler neck like how a oil bypass in run. And you can even incorporate it into a by-pass system.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Its part of life here LOL Have to have billet to do it?

probably not, but it'd be easier. You'll just hafta drill and tap a hole on top of the plastic cap and screw a fitting in there...then do the same to the oil filler cap. Just like how they are on the FS2500 and amsoil oil by-pass systems.

Latest posts

Members online