Project Wheels Up

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I don't need the whole package. The cab has the vin number so I can still tag it as an antique and I have a good title so tagging is easy and doesn't need an inspection. The bed doesn't need any help since it's like maybe 175lbs without the floor. The front end is all I really want to do.

dieselflash

Reaction score
There is never a shortage of awesome build threads on PSA. I vote for green. So are you gonna do a full back half?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
No back half. Stock frame. Keeps me from having to move up a class when racing.

I probably won't do green since the Corbeau Forza doesn't come in green. Although I kinda like the green a tad bit better.

Last edited:

bad12jr

Reaction score
Cobalt blue and a black and silver pin stripe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ok. I just made a decision. How about this. Candy Cobalt Blue with black striping down the center, blackout tinted windows, black rims, and black stacks. Then just buy the standard Corbeau R1 seat and have my upholsterer color match it to cobalt blue. Black 5 point harness, black vinyl floor, black dash, Autometer Cobalt Blue Digital gauge, and an Edge Insight with a blue background for the center cluster. Under the engine I'll have a black engine with Candy Cobalt Blue valve covers and intercooler piping. Yep. I'm done. That's what I'm going with!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok. I just made a decision. How about this. Candy Cobalt Blue with black striping down the center, blackout tinted windows, black rims, and black stacks. Then just buy the standard Corbeau R1 seat and have my upholsterer color match it to cobalt blue. Black 5 point harness, black vinyl floor, black dash, Autometer Cobalt Blue Digital gauge, and an Edge Insight with a blue background for the center cluster. Under the engine I'll have a black engine with Candy Cobalt Blue valve covers and intercooler piping. Yep. I'm done. That's what I'm going with!

I pictured this setup with some Weld Magnum 2.0 drag wheels. Anodized black centers on the back wheels and Magnum 2.0 1pc front runners anodized black.... I came a little thinking about it.. Just a little though. LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I pictured this setup with some Weld Magnum 2.0 drag wheels. Anodized black centers on the back wheels and Magnum 2.0 1pc front runners anodized black.... I came a little thinking about it.. Just a little though. LOL

Nah I'm just going to use the classic rims in my pictures on the first page. I'm going to have them painted black.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Those sir are bad @$$ and I think you should accidentally get a pair.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

weazel

Reaction score
I like it, I'm pretty excited to see it live

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Reaction score
Those hole shot wheels are pretty cool. I'd rock em on that truck for sure. 700 a piece is stupid though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Bubba88

Reaction score

:popcorn: This sounds like a wicked awesome setup! I can't wait to see the pictures of this beauty when she's done!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ok so I still have to decide on what I'm doing on the front end. If I run hoodless or run parallel s366's sticking out of the top of the hood, then there's no point in getting the gt500 tilt hood. If I go hoodless, then I'll just use my stock front fenders pinned on for easy removal. I'll decide when I get to it.

Now for the final decision. Rear brakes. I don't know if I want to use the blackbird customs rear disk kit, or the one from https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/products.php?product=Ford-Sterling-Disc-Brake-Bracket . I need to see if my rims are 15" or 16". Has anyone used these before? I've found the e350 rotors, but I don't know which calipers to use. There's too many choices to know which calipers to use. JB7? JD7? 11"? 13"? Help!

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I didn't catch what axle your gonna run but would a 40 or 35 spline ford 9" be enough for the truck? Plus saves weight

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online