Protecting chrome shock finish

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
The results on the wheels were very clouded and full of streaks. Not sure why, the instructions were dead on and they didn't look the part at all. People held zoop seal to a high standard, so I'm sure there was fault on my part. I put klasse on for the time being, and so far they look great.

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
from what I thought I read, this is the same product just a new name....I may be mistaken though

That's my understanding too. I'm afraid of things clouding over like Sirizzotti experienced.

The results on the wheels were very clouded and full of streaks. Not sure why, the instructions were dead on and they didn't look the part at all. People held zoop seal to a high standard, so I'm sure there was fault on my part. I put klasse on for the time being, and so far they look great.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
That's my understanding too. I'm afraid of things clouding over like Sirizzotti experienced.

One pass with a polisher and all was well again. I completely understand why you're hesitant on buying an expensive kit with subpar results. I have a good feeling about the next round.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
One pass with a polisher and all was well again. I completely understand why you're hesitant on buying an expensive kit with subpar results. I have a good feeling about the next round.

certainly let us know, il be coating my coilovers this weekend....my coils and plates are finally don't at the powder coater! so I just found my motivation

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
The finish turned out great with the same weather conditions and cure time. I'll let yall know how they hold up down the road.

12000684866_edd67c065f_b.jpg

Untitled by nicksirizzotti, on Flickr

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Negative on shine seal. Once again they started corroding. I shafted myself by taking off the cad plating, and now I'm back to square one.

What's everyone's take on what I should try next? Chrome plating, vinyl, clear coat? I might try clearing them first since I don't have to disassemble and recharge the shocks.

Snake

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the Shine n Seal. I was hoping for more....

I had my King stabilizers shot with automotive clear coat and then had them wrapped in the "clear bra" stuff. They lost a little bling, but they've maintained most of what they started with.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the Shine n Seal. I was hoping for more....

I had my King stabilizers shot with automotive clear coat and then had them wrapped in the "clear bra" stuff. They lost a little bling, but they've maintained most of what they started with.

Yep, it was a big letdown. Looks like that's the route im taking. Thanks for the input.

08Monster

Reaction score
Scuff them with wet 1000 grit sand paper. Wax and grease remove, spray clear.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online