Quality or Crap aftermarket wheels

Strokethis04

Reaction score
Don't get kmc xd wheels I got a set of 20x12 xd diesels at the end of January this year went to put them on in April noticed one wheel was peeling and I'm still fighting to get them replaced back them the said they had 28 wheels in stock now they have none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarcyB

Reaction score
It's been awhile since someone's posted in this thread but I thought I'd give the question a try here before starting another thread.

Looking at aftermarket wheels and my 2 choices that I'm trying decide between are the centerline scouts and American force classic ss8 wheels. Both are forged and; centerlines are 3400# rating and AF wheels are 3600# rated.

AF wheels are approx $1000 more, question is; are AF wheels worth the extra money or not?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Im not sure what the finish difference is but AFs take a ton of maintenance. If you do choose AFs, get them powdercoated clear prior to mounting tires on them. They are a strong wheel anyway.

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
there was a reply a few pages back about high end wheels....i dont know of any high end wheel companies that make truck wheels.

can someone name a few?

XD, fuel, moto metal, etc..etc..are all made by the same manufacturer as far as im concerned

WHY NOT

Reaction score
there was a reply a few pages back about high end wheels....i dont know of any high end wheel companies that make truck wheels.

can someone name a few?

XD, fuel, moto metal, etc..etc..are all made by the same manufacturer as far as im concerned

American force, foragio (sp?) centerlines weld racing, the new weld xt line, adv1, specialty forged, this list goes on anything fordged pretty much will be a higher end truck wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I had a set of Centre line 17x9 forged wheels on my old 02. Two of them after a year or so, the outer lip of the wheel separated from the wheel itself approximately 10" long. Fortunately both times it happened while literally sitting in the parking lot and I noticed before driving. Centre line warranted them, but I wouldn't run them again, and after the second one they told me that was a common problem with the 17x9s. They were the wild cat versions which claim to be one piece, rotary forged, 3200# rating.

DarcyB

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I'd be looking in either of the centerline or AF in 20x10. Good to know centerline stands behind their product and will warranty though. Another wheel I'm interested in is the mickey thompson big rigs, but finding a set would be hard as they're discontinued and I've read they're only rated for 3100#..not sure if they're forged or cast either too.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The fact a 3200# single piece rotary forged wheel split at the outer lip shows poor design. (On a 9,000# truck) I only ever had 285s on them, and there was no "curb rash" or any indication that the outer lip was physically damaged from the exterior. (I also do my own tires, so i knowbthey werent damaged that way) I hope their other wheels are better, but I'd have a hard time purchasing amother set of Centre line wheels. My safety means much more to me then that. (And I'm by no means a safety freak, I don't believe in abs, seatbelts, or air bags lol) And this happened not once, but twice, probably 8 month apart. I gave the first one a pass, but not the second one.

Latest posts

Members online