Question for non-VGT users

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I'm also running 225s, can you keep that 83 lit?
I might be interested in that 62 in the future, I've gotta get some stuff off my plate first lol.
Are you gonna have your truck at ennis?

It lights good, but I've only tried wot runs on my road, so I have no real world experience with the setup. I might be able to make it up there, if anything I'll head up for a day. If you're ever by Leon Valley give me a shout.

xtremexj

Reaction score
Here's what my 64mm non vgt sounds like. It has the 71mm turbine wheel with a .70 housing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmp-ILcme9c&list=UUEQuvUJbouVmgNZOmj3uN7g&index=18&feature=plcp

Now THAT is what I was looking for!! Sounds just like a Silver Bullet or an old duece. :naughty: Just out of curiousity, is that with divided uppipes? T3 or T4? Also, which turbo manufacturer is that? Ported shroud compressor housing?

Thanks for all of your replies!! Keep them coming.

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Now THAT is what I was looking for!! Sounds just like a Silver Bullet or an old duece. :naughty: Just out of curiousity, is that with divided uppipes? T3 or T4? Also, which turbo manufacturer is that? Ported shroud compressor housing?

Thanks for all of your replies!! Keep them coming.

My 64/71/70 turbo has a T3 open housing(non divided). It's a borg warner turbo that i got from Trusted Performance back in September of '09. I just removed it a couple weeks ago and am trying out a modded vgt right now. I actually might have just sold the 64mm to a member...but here's some pics of it.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 48
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 44

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the garrett 4088 turbine wheel diameter is 77mm, the exducer is around 68mm I believe. The exducer of the 73mm BW wheel has an 80mm inducer/diameter

Totally different.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
heres my 66/73/91 with divided pipes and 150% nozzles, semi aggressive take off. I think it sounds way better than whistle.. my opinion of course lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTaoiGta0PQ&list=UUmHzn7l4af9bL5G8Ufn-vTg&index=1&feature=plcp

:evil:evil:evil:evil

Was pulling the boat out of the river the other day... Buddy that was with me made me get out and stand beside the truck while he pulled the boat out again because he couldn't believe how loud it was. Needless to say, because of that and the drone i get at around 82-87mph i will most likely be putting a muffler or two on it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the borg warner 73mm wheel is actually larger than the garrett gt40 turbine wheel that morgan had on the 4088r. I'd like to try that turbo with a smaller housing, But after the luck morgan had il stick to bw!

:evil:evil:evil:evil

Was pulling the boat out of the river the other day... Buddy that was with me made me get out and stand beside the truck while he pulled the boat out again because he couldn't believe how loud it was. Needless to say, because of that and the drone i get at around 82-87mph i will most likely be putting a muffler or two on it.

Mine is quieter on the highway with the windows up than my vgt was, believe it or now. But I never go over 70-75 cruising on the highway

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
the borg warner 73mm wheel is actually larger than the garrett gt40 turbine wheel that morgan had on the 4088r. I'd like to try that turbo with a smaller housing, But after the luck morgan had il stick to bw!

Mine is quieter on the highway with the windows up than my vgt was.. weird. But I never go over 70-75 cruising on the highway

Gotcha. My fault for reading too fast. It might not be too bad with the .85 housing.

And ive always had a drone at around 80mph, seems like when i installed the manifolds, up pipes, and turbo it bumped it up a few MPH and its louder. but inside the truck up until 80mph its quiet as well.

Latest posts

Members online