Racer x transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
What about PATC they have a level 3 and 4 enforcer 4r100 that's seems pretty nice.... I haven't dealt with them with anything diesel but a friend got one of their 4l60e's for his camaro and it was really nice but I know that gasses and diesels are a whole other ball game

TyCorr

Reaction score
What about PATC they have a level 3 and 4 enforcer 4r100 that's seems pretty nice.... I haven't dealt with them with anything diesel but a friend got one of their 4l60e's for his camaro and it was really nice but I know that gasses and diesels are a whole other ball game

I know its tranny related but lets keep this about Racerx! Tarm has brought up some good points. Lets see if username, RacerX, answers anything in this thread. I got a call today about posting in this forum and asking for peoples opinions. They werent mad but want me to call them and ask for references. I dont see what the big deal is? I mean if somebody is lying or makin chit up Ive been pretty apt to find out. Or at least dismiss what they are saying.

This is an information thread!! Everybody has been forthcoming, far as I can tell, but Racerx says there are some discrepancies. What are they?

Racer X

Reaction score
Nice, there is a general and a more serious AWOL section downstairs. Rules here are pretty much the same as the old site so you should feel at home.

Tom

Thanks Tom. : ) There is some awesome video of a big rattlesnake "fight" :swordfight: I had to endure. They whip, snap and strike with their bodies if you pin them down. Can post it in a general discussion or off topic type forum. :thumbup:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Maybe! Im getting used to being ignored. Seems to be how people get around. Oh well, linc, Ive got people who DO help me.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well,lets hope they do answer up some of this stuff because I believe the part about warranty that I stated isnt correct. Specifically the criteria to differentiate between a street tranny and a race built one. Pretty important issue!

Tom S

Reaction score
I know its tranny related but lets keep this about Racerx! Tarm has brought up some good points. Lets see if username, RacerX, answers anything in this thread. I got a call today about posting in this forum and asking for peoples opinions. They werent mad but want me to call them and ask for references. I dont see what the big deal is? I mean if somebody is lying or makin chit up Ive been pretty apt to find out. Or at least dismiss what they are saying.

This is an information thread!! Everybody has been forthcoming, far as I can tell, but Racerx says there are some discrepancies. What are they?

I am not following you here.

Southmike

Reaction score
thread went from interesting to lame, might as well go to big oil, and chips for the total fail.

genie144

Reaction score
I believe that he may have been referring to my posts. I received a PM that covered my posts and had other statements.

According to their records, I decided against a RacerX Transmission because of cost - I couldn't afford it. That is not correct - my decision ultimately rested in the fact I could not get anything in writing about the warranty. And when I spoke to them, I did not get satisfactory answers regarding what is and is not covered. Those conversations happened 2-3 years ago when I was looking for a transmission for my OBS. The warranty offered may be different than what was discussed in the past, so I would caution anyone to make sure you discuss it with Racer, Brian, John, etc... Make sure you are comfortable with your purchase before you purchase...

With that said, has anyone had a failure with their RacerX tranny? And was there any issue with getting it resolved? (You know the point of the thread)

Sam

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think this ones run its course!...but we could leave it open...and move it to AWOL...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I believe that he may have been referring to my posts. I received a PM that covered my posts and had other statements.

According to their records, I decided against a RacerX Transmission because of cost - I couldn't afford it. That is not correct - my decision ultimately rested in the fact I could not get anything in writing about the warranty. And when I spoke to them, I did not get satisfactory answers regarding what is and is not covered. Those conversations happened 2-3 years ago when I was looking for a transmission for my OBS. I stand by my statements and would caution anyone to make sure you understand what warranty you may or may not be getting.

With that said, has anyone had a failure with their RacerX tranny? And was there any issue with getting it resolved? (You know the point of the thread)

Sam

Yeah I wanted to know this too but I dont think there is anyone here that can answer that. This is a great question. I would like to know of someone running a full custom of theirs. Preferably in something over 500 hp...

If not, thats fine too.

If Ive offended,pissed off, or over-stimulated anyone, sorry! Buuuuuut it'll probably happen again.

TARM

Reaction score

According to their records, I decided against a RacerX Transmission because of cost - I couldn't afford it. That is not correct - my decision ultimately rested in the fact I could not get anything in writing about the warranty. And when I spoke to them, I did not get satisfactory answers regarding what is and is not covered. Those conversations happened 2-3 years ago when I was looking for a transmission for my OBS. The warranty offered may be different than what was discussed in the past, so I would caution anyone to make sure you discuss it with Racer, Brian, John, etc... Make sure you are comfortable with your purchase before you purchase...

Sam

So you were never given a written warranty even on request? That then answers one of my questions.

Now how about whether they will void warranty if you do not use a specific tuner?

As you I wanted info on people that had parts failures and how were they handled by Racer X.?

TyCorr

Reaction score
So you were never given a written warranty even on request? That then answers one of my questions.

Now how about whether they will void warranty if you do not use a specific tuner?

I believe they will let you use whoever but they would like to speak with the tuner to see how the tuner approached shift strategies. That way the shifts can be mechanically controlled if they feel that the tuners approach will result in HARD or shock-loaded shifts. I do remember going over this info.

But for a clear cut answer to your question Ive not got one.

genie144

Reaction score

As you I wanted info on people that had parts failures and how were they handled by Racer X.?
No - which would not have been a deal breaker for me. Brian doesn't offer you the warranty you receive in writing - he just does. But the "Warranty" on RacerX website (which I believe is the same as 2-3 years ago) is what caused me concern:

Warranty
All warranties on any product, or products and services, are those of the manufacturer. Racer X hereby expressly disclaims any warranties, either express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Racer X neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for any liability in connection with the sale of equipment, including any accidental or consequential damages that may occur arising from, or in connection with the installation or use of any product purchased. This disclaimer in no way affects the provisions of a manufacturer's warranties. Return shipping costs for warranty service are the buyers responsibility. The customer agrees to accept full responsibility for any consequential damages or liabilities, indemnifying Seller, upon purchase and installation of any products. This includes all use of purchased products in a competition, high performance (or any street driven vehicle operated in an illegal manner) and shall indicate an awareness that the customer is modifying said vehicle for competition, and may operate it in a potentially hazardous environment. Racer X is not responsible for loss or damage in shipment. All claims for loss or damage must be filed with the applicable carrier. Racer X will assist with carrier claims when applicable. All shipments via US mail may not be insurable and are entirely at the full risk of the buyer. Racer X will not pay for loss or damage caused by any carrier.

Which in layman terms means, it breaks too bad. First pass, first stop light, 2 years... Does not matter - that specifically does not provide a warranty for the buyer. The only "warranty" I could find then or now is at the bottom of the transmission page:

Warranty:
*Rebuilds and converter are covered by a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. *Certain exclusions apply. Please contact us for further details.

Upon contact I did not receive, what I considered to be, satisfactory answers regarding a transmission that could handle 600hp at the wheels.

Sam

Tom S

Reaction score
Time for a couple of people to settle down.

TARM

Reaction score
I believe they will let you use whoever but they would like to speak with the tuner to see how the tuner approached shift strategies. That way the shifts can be mechanically controlled if they feel that the tuners approach will result in HARD or shock-loaded shifts. I do remember going over this info.

But for a clear cut answer to your question Ive not got one.

Thank you so you have talked to them about it, good. That is the most direct answer I have gotten so far about that.

Honestly, if it was me and there is technical guidelines to how a warranty will be enforced such as there seem to be here. certain power level, certain owner, certain use etc.. I would insist on it being in writing or having a recording of the phone conversation where it is discussed and laid out in detail. See the more simple a contract is the less detail there needs to be in how it will be enforced or how it will all work, but the more technical and in depth it is the more there is a need that things are very clear and hence written contract on how it will all work and be handled. Take BTS you break it we will fix it no matter. SIMPLE DIRECT no question about it. That is very easy and basic. But with what you have with Racer X while not ridiculous is far more technical,detailed and limited. With out something showing clearly both parties agree to how the warranty will be executed that would be a deal breaker for me and frankly should be for anyone that does not want to just roll the dice.

I am only pointing this out to you because I do not want you to have a bad experience and that is what warranties are meant to prevent. If you want a handshake deal its has to be simple. Also consider the time period handshake deals were the norm. Now consider what the repercussions where if you did not uphold your end on that handshake. It was not small claims court.:gun::axe:

LOL

Last edited:

chappy

Reaction score
So pretty much no one on here has or knows soeone thats run a built racerx trans is what I'm gathering. I guess I would move on then Ty and try another.

Arisley

Reaction score
Tried to clean out some garbage. This is a good, informative thread, lets try to keep it that way.

Any trash talking, take it to the basement.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Tried to clean out some garbage. This is a good, informative thread, lets try to keep it that way.

Any trash talking, take it to the basement.

Thanks Andy! I agree that we should keep this as civil as possible but the way people handle themselves in a forum can speak volumes about how they'll react if you have an issue with a product and if you speak up when you feel that your service may have been inadequate how they'll treat you. Granted, the outbursts Im referring to werent of occurence here but they did happen.

I feel racerx is smart in not being confrontational in our forum but Mike had some proof to reinforce what he was claiming. It brought certain facts to the table that werent common knowledge previously. Or at least I didnt know! I hope everyone can respect WHY I would want to know anything about a certain company, good or bad! Im not willing to roll the dice on something that is going to exceed five grand.

Im all for keeping this on track and informational. Thanks to everyone who has given input here. I mean EVERYONE! Its still a good thread, imo!:thumbsup:

Southmike

Reaction score
So bts gives a paper warranty ?
I have always heard. He fixes stuff. No questions asked but, backed it with paper, never heard either way.

If you call racerx list mods intended use etc, tell him who tunes. I am sure he will recomend a tranny build. If it fails in 6 months, you may or may not have to pay shipping, but i am sure he will need to see it, if it was abused and tornup , or was there a defective part.
Good cust support gets more cust then any ads. I am sure he will take care of anything he should.

Even bts got a bad batch of tc for example.

Seems like you guys have a lynch mob brewing over a tranny that hasn't even been bought yet much less failed.

Just my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online