Racer x transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So bts gives a paper warranty ?
I have always heard. He fixes stuff. No questions asked but, backed it with paper, never heard either way.

If you call racerx list mods intended use etc, tell him who tunes. I am sure he will recomend a tranny build. If it fails in 6 months, you may or may not have to pay shipping, but i am sure he will need to see it, if it was abused and tornup , or was there a defective part.
Good cust support gets more cust then any ads. I am sure he will take care of anything he should.

Even bts got a bad batch of tc for example.

Seems like you guys have a lynch mob brewing over a tranny that hasn't even been bought yet much less failed.

Just my thoughts

Its a sensitive subject obviously. People spending money or money spent, people can get pretty tense. Its par for the course I suppose! People get wicked pissed about hpo threads so this isnt a shocker to me.

I agree with what you said about the warranty at racerx but we've got nobody on here that can confirm,deny, or even point at someone that's been there, done that.

Racer X

Reaction score
You can post in this thread all you want since it wasn't started by you or a customer (just someone looking for info).

I appreciate you answering the ? Thank You imelmo! :)

With over 100 posts in this 1 thread, having a full time post reader on our staff would be needed to see every reply. Plus there are so many other forums and blogs out there... Finding your way around a new site is always a factor too. Your reply was overlooked as a members input instead of a staff members because of Town Drunk in your signature. LOL Oh well...:)

Unfortunately the thread got so ugly before we didn't want to post in it.

Rolling Thunder already has answered The Original Posters Question in post #99.

Plus The Original Poster was phoned to provide additional references to.

THANK YOU!!!

`

4 Wings

Reaction score
Its a sensitive subject obviously. People spending money or money spent, people can get pretty tense. Its par for the course I suppose! People get wicked pissed about hpo threads so this isnt a shocker to me.

I agree with what you said about the warranty at racerx but we've got nobody on here that can confirm,deny, or even point at someone that's been there, done that.

Rolling Thunder in post 99 is a RACER X USA Custom Transmission customer.
Please go back and read his post. It looks like his post answered your original question from post #1 to me.

As you said, we have spent 2 hours speaking to you by phone already, plus answered your multiple emails. :)
Then called again to try and give you more references. :)

Our dealer in Illinois is also a custom transmission customer, then became a dealer. :) There is another custom transmission customer close to you just over the Wisconsin state line. :)

If your ? was not answered please return our second phone call to you.

Thank You for starting this thread. :)

~

TARM

Reaction score
I hesitate to articulate for fear that I may deviate from the true course of rectitude.

I know you think you understand what I said but what you do not understand is what you heard is not what I said.

4 Wings

Reaction score
No - which would not have been a deal breaker for me. Brian doesn't offer you the warranty you receive in writing - he just does. But the "Warranty" on RacerX website (which I believe is the same as 2-3 years ago) is what caused me concern:

Warranty

Which in layman terms means, it breaks too bad. First pass, first stop light, 2 years... Does not matter - that specifically does not provide a warranty for the buyer. The only "warranty" I could find then or now is at the bottom of the transmission page:

Warranty:

Upon contact I did not receive, what I considered to be, satisfactory answers regarding a transmission that could handle 600hp at the wheels.

Sam

Sam, the only thing you have correct is this: "*Rebuilds and converter are covered by a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. *Certain exclusions apply. Please contact us for further details." Maybe there was a misunderstanding at the time. You indicated you didn't have enough money to buy our product in a message. We sent you a polite reply that no offense was intended but we couldn't help you. We would have to tell any potential customer that, if they didn't have enough money. If there was a misunderstanding, you didn't recontact us. There wasn't even a phone call from you then. Based on that, we had to move on to serve other paying customers. It appears you bought a used product that fit your budget. That may be a misunderstanding too. At any rate, this was all over 3 years ago.

Racer invited you to leave your phone number by private message just the other day so a rep could call you due to your other post. Or you could have called us. Instead you posted this then sent a private message only. We do thank you for being thoughtful enough to send a reply by private message. Phone is just much quicker. We let it go 3 years ago and we're going to do that again here and call it a misunderstanding to give you the benefit of the doubt for what occurred 3 years ago. We hope you will do the same. :) We have both had our say.

We are the official source of information about our products. For anyone else, please contact us directly through our website or by phone if you have a question.

Sam, we wish you the very best today, just as we did 3 years ago. :toast:

Thank you everyone. :clapping:​

~

Last edited:

4 Wings

Reaction score
Confused...

Is it just me that is always confused by racerx posts??/

If I understand your post, you're asking the whole forum. Sort of taking a poll or survey that's off topic. Racer can think outside the box, and will interject some off topic content in a post at times that's interesting and unique to many.

Suggestion:
Just ask us if you don't understand something. That is the only way to get an accurate answer. Whenever you can, just ask the source!!! :D

I don't want to take the thread off topic any further. The original poster's question has been answered as well as many other questions he had during his entire inquiry. As already said, we did recontact him and invited him to return the call. Please do, if we can help you Tycorr.

Thank You,
Jackie

~

TyCorr

Reaction score
Rolling Thunder in post 99 is a RACER X USA Custom Transmission customer.
Please go back and read his post. It looks like his post answered your original question from post #1 to me.

As you said, we have spent 2 hours speaking to you by phone already, plus answered your multiple emails. :)
Then called again to try and give you more references. :)

Our dealer in Illinois is also a custom transmission customer, then became a dealer. :) There is another custom transmission customer close to you just over the Wisconsin state line. :)

If your ? was not answered please return our second phone call to you.

Thank You for starting this thread. :)

~

Actually, I read that already. That reply doesnt really have much to do with a guy building a trans for a truck that will be running 300/200% hybrids, stealth oil, possibly water/meth, and a38r/47 set of compounds. I understand that for his useage your 3500 rebuild will suffice. Or are you telling me that'll hold the kinda power Im looking to harness?

Im confused!!

I specifically wanted to know about a full-on build...

Moderators Edit from Tom S

I spoke to Racer X on the phone for a bit and he want to clarify that a $3500 transmission is a stage one build not an all out one. I did not clarify exactly what that meant but I am assume that is more of a stock level build.

Last edited by a moderator:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Could you please make your posts in a larger font. I cant read them the way they are...

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not trying to be perjorative Jackie but you guys called because of this thread. It wasnt a out of the blue call made. I TOLD Ron that I was posting in here. Honestly, the message left in light of that was slightly defensive which is odd because I dont have any opinion of you guys(racerx) other than you've been kind and helpful when I call. Anything in this thread Ive said was stuff I asked on the phone. Nothing sneaky on my end....at least I didnt think so?!

I think Ill probably keep this thread active just to see if anybody comes in and says "hey Ive got a racer x tranny in my 500 hp drag truck"...or whatever... Im not in a hurry anymore to get a trans in my truck. Im doing my hp oil and fuel system now.

If you wanna have a customer pm me here or email me send me a pm and I WILL GET YOU my email to do so!!

ActionRick

Reaction score
Like I said...

Goofy.

I once had a cat that I called dog. Dog would sometimes chase cat, but dog and cat sometimes chased cats with dogs in the back yard. But the dog would not bother cats because it was a cat, even though it was dog.

LOL . I know you just can't help yourself Joe ..

Just remember , there are 2 sides to every story , & there is more than on person that knows both sides of yours...

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know this is what Joe likes to do but he's mucking this thread up even worse. For me being on his ignore list because IM THE A$$HOLE he sure is throwing rocks in here, aimlessly no less.

He should stick to threads that pertain to modifying stock turbos or a 38r myth thread, or even more a thread where he aims his high powered perception at other peoples path in life. For it is his that is righteous...

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Actually, I read that already. That reply doesnt really have much to do with a guy building a trans for a truck that will be running 300/200% hybrids, stealth oil, possibly water/meth, and a38r/47 set of compounds. I understand that for his useage your 3500 rebuild will suffice. Or are you telling me that'll hold the kinda power Im looking to harness?

Im confused!!

I specifically wanted to know about a full-on build...

I bought my parts from racerx a while back. Had a good local guy rebuild my trans with his parts. At the time I bought the parts, the trans was for 238's and a 38r. Then I decided to get stupid and install a gt47 and 300/400's. So with 30ish dyno pulls and 15ish 1/4 mile runs, and a bunch on the street between 400 and 550 plus hp, it has never missed a beat.

This is in a 6500 lb 2wd van. So take what I wrote for what it is. It is now behind a completely stock engine, and currently has about 50k on it. I am upping the ante and putting a built engine in a different 4wd van with the compounds and some nitrous. Not sure yet what I am going to do about the trans.

The guy who built it said he would install a 4x4 output shaft for 250. I may just keep it behind the stock engine and get a BTS......

TyCorr

Reaction score
I bought my parts from racerx a while back. Had a good local guy rebuild my trans with his parts. At the time I bought the parts, the trans was for 238's and a 38r. Then I decided to get stupid and install a gt47 and 300/400's. So with 30ish dyno pulls and 15ish 1/4 mile runs, and a bunch on the street between 400 and 550 plus hp, it has never missed a beat.

This is in a 6500 lb 2wd van. So take what I wrote for what it is. It is now behind a completely stock engine, and currently has about 50k on it. I am upping the ante and putting a built engine in a different 4wd van with the compounds and some nitrous. Not sure yet what I am going to do about the trans.

The guy who built it said he would install a 4x4 output shaft for 250. I may just keep it behind the stock engine and get a BTS......

Thats cool! You gonna run that racer or put the bts in it? Why arent you sure which one you'll use.

Tom S

Reaction score
Racer X called me just a while ago and would like you to call him TyCorr. He said he left you a message but did not hear back from you. I got the impression that he was having a hard time addressing your questions as you were not finallized on the direction you were going with the truck.

I am going to suggest that you and him talk on the phone and then let this thread come to an end.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Racer X called me just a while ago and would like you to call him TyCorr. He said he left you a message but did not hear back from you. I got the impression that he was having a hard time addressing your questions as you were not finallized on the direction you were going with the truck.

I am going to suggest that you and him talk on the phone and then let this thread come to an end.

Im doing my oil now and my fuel system. I was having too much trouble getting ahold of everyone that I wanted to talk to or had questions for. When I was available so and so wasnt or vice versa. I cant get reprimanded at work for being on the phone or I cant buy a transmission!

As for the questions, I left nothing unturned. I told them everything from my intake to turbo(s) to my fuel system to the oil pump I ordered all the way down to my tuner of choice. Ive got a map of what Im doing. The only thing undecided on the map was who was going to build my trans.

Im putting the trans on the backburner for now. Ive got plenty of other stuff to fix and get modded to support the inj's Ive chosen.

Ive made my peace here. Go ahead and lock it!

Done and done!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I got the impression that he was having a hard time addressing your questions as you were not finallized on the direction you were going with the truck.

This is not true! I included every mod I have and a clear list of the ones Im doing soon. THis trans was to cover the list of mods I AM doing. The direction my truck is heading is very clear!

I called them a few minutes ago and cleared all this up.

Lock' er down Tom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.