Radically Redesigned Wicked Wheel® makes 43 PSI on my STOCK turbo!

sniper_101

Reaction score
Your experience?

Freezing rain here, so I can't say much as I babied it all the 20 miles to town from the farm. Does light noticeably faster, and @ lower RPM though, that was noticeable within a minute. Sound is certainly different too. Couldn't tell if it was the heavy tail wind (most likely), but EBP was down 2lbs @ 60mph.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Freezing rain here, so I can't say much as I babied it all the 20 miles to town from the farm. Does light noticeably faster, and @ lower RPM though, that was noticeable within a minute. Sound is certainly different too. Couldn't tell if it was the heavy tail wind (most likely), but EBP was down 2lbs @ 60mph.

awesome! surge comparison? i can get my rc truck to surge just driving it with the ts chip.

live life full throttle

under pressure

Reaction score
Mine is on the way as well, i have all my current data down, just waiting to compare.
With the 6.0 i/c, Ported compressor and High flow outlet. Will see what happends !

sniper_101

Reaction score
holy chit! did it before?

live life full throttle

With the stock 00' wheel, yes, badly. The old WW cured it 99% though.

I'll try to grab a couple vids tomorrow of spool and sound for those wondering. Speaking of the sound, it is quieter, which anyone who tows will probably a appreciate vs. the old WW. A lot lower pitch and db level in the cab thankfully, sound level outside is comparable to the old WW when I had the MBRP muffler on my 4" system. Sound is more a "ring" than a "whistle". Anyway, I'll try to get some footage tomorrow.

Hope Bill/PHP doesn't mind me posting this in his thread, if not a separate thread for results and discussion could be made.

under pressure

Reaction score
June or July !
1900 miles in less than 4 days, towing a small load guessing 6000 lbs or so, should be a cake walk compared to my last move over 4000 miles and 16K load in 12 days.

dietoremain

Reaction score
Here's my results as of today. Max boost with ww1 was 26psi. Max boost with ww2 is 30 psi and threw a 1211(this is with red line unplugged). The noise it makes is like a jet engine..haha. Btw I have a 1.0 turbine housing as well. Btw max egt at WOT was 1000 I'm very pleased..

dustinz85

Reaction score
Here's my results as of today. Max boost with ww1 was 26psi. Max boost with ww2 is 30 psi and threw a 1211(this is with red line unplugged). The noise it makes is like a jet engine..haha. Btw I have a 1.0 turbine housing as well. Btw max egt at WOT was 1000 I'm very pleased..

I need to get.one if these asap lol

Sent from my DROID X2

skylinedan

Reaction score

With the 1.0 housing was it a little faster spooling or the same ? I,ve got a 1.15, wonder if it will liven it up some over the stock wheel. I use to run a first gen wicked wheel, then went to a 1.15 non waste gated turbine housing with a ATS on the comp side to address surge.

Dan

Wildjon

Reaction score
Just an example about how much lighter the WWG2 is: the stock wheel was 120g, the WWg2 was 100g.

skylinedan

Reaction score
20 grams would help a lot with spool, I also wondered how it would work with the ATS. After reading what you think, sounds like it works pretty good.

Dan