rear end

johndeerezach

Reaction score
i keep spinning my rr tire since its a one legger and i wanted to know my options of differentials. could i just put posi in the rear or would it just be worth the money to get a locker? i would pry be installing the thing. thanks in advance

TARM

Reaction score
Detroit True trac for around $500 would be my recommendation unless you really need a full locker then I would say something like an ARB but you are looking at closer to a $1K for one of those.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
i probably wouldnt need a full locker. but installing that is it just a swap from open carrier to posi center section or how does that work?

TARM

Reaction score
I am the wrong person to ask on that. I have never done a ford dif in my life. I need to get with someone and do a few myself to learn well or just do what I normally do and take mine apart and learn as I go. With most things mechanical if you just take your time and stay organized you can work thru just about anything. I will say proper tools makes a HUGE difference.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
yea i know what your talking about ive ran into that problem many a times with both of my vehicles. but i think ill just end up putting posi in it so now starts the hunt for a good bank for my buck

psduser1

Reaction score
Usually year, make, and model will get what you want. Truetracs are a stout unit, if you don't mind a little noise once in a while.

TARM

Reaction score
They are what are going in my axles as I can not put the money to ARBs right now. If they made a E type locker for the 10.5 I would likely do one of those front and rear but I want to keep things the same tech F and R if its going to be a user controllable setup.

MossBack

Reaction score
They are what are going in my axles as I can not put the money to ARBs right now. If they made a E type locker for the 10.5 I would likely do one of those front and rear but I want to keep things the same tech F and R if its going to be a user controllable setup.

Any thoughts on a '11-'12 factory rear e lock? I don't care much for the switch but I like having a factory option as it may be less expensive.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

johndeerezach

Reaction score
one of our work trucks is a 12 f250 2wd and it has a e locker and i like it personally but most of the other employees do not for some reason.

MilehighEX

Reaction score
randy's ring and pinion good prices ans service, sounds like you have never built a diff alot of places to mess it up and ruin your ring&pinion. GEAR PATTERN HAS TO BE MARKED BEFORE REMOVAL OF ORGINAL CARRIER WITH GEAR MARKING COMPOUND TO RETAIN ORIGINAL PATTERN WITH NEW LOCKER OF CHOICE! Otherwise the gears with eat each other or whine.

MossBack

Reaction score
True trac ftw. You don't want a true in/out locker on a heavy long diesel truck especially if you tow ever

Curious if u could explain a little more.

I like the idea of open for everyday driving and closed ( locked) when needed. My father had a 2008 and swore the LSD chewed up the 20's every 35k miles. After the 2nd set he bought the '12. It is understandable as it could lock unlock several times and could result in chewing up tires. Just my. 02

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online