Red Truck comes apart....Again.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Dang man that blows, sorry to hear that. What were the dyno numbers?

truck made 638 last year with compounds, 265/125, and stock oil
this year the only dyno run it got it mad 594 I think with the 250/125s, and a stage 2 thumper...everyone likes to claim their truck can make more power...but im sure a track time would prove those numbers pretty invalid...but then again at this point il never know...

MorganY

Reaction score
truck made 638 last year with compounds, 265/125, and stock oil
this year the only dyno run it got it mad 594 I think with the 250/125s, and a stage 2 thumper...everyone likes to claim their truck can make more power...but im sure a track time would prove those numbers pretty invalid...but then again at this point il never know...

Assuming you are making enough ICP? 4.65v?

04cr450

Reaction score
darn Mark, sorry to hear the bad news.... And here we were talking how well the truck was running at mpd's event. id put it back to stock and sell it. so much work and no enjoyment. Who cares what it made on the dyno, their nothing but a tuning tool and a mind fu**. i am sure it was stronger than those numbers it made.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I'd go rage mode if that happened to me. After all that. Sucks man.

yea it wasn't a very pleasant day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming you are making enough ICP? 4.65v?

Yea, the thumper 2 pump was holding ICP solid 4.6-4.8 I even saw on the edge monitor. I would assume that the second turbo didn't light as hard as it needed to to put the numbers down, but oh well at this point.

darn Mark, sorry to hear the bad news.... And here we were talking how well the truck was running at mpd's event. id put it back to stock and sell it. so much work and no enjoyment. Who cares what it made on the dyno, their nothing but a tuning tool and a mind fu**. i am sure it was stronger than those numbers it made.

I doubt that I would sell it, I love the truck, always have and always will....just don't know when and how il rebuild it...

Reaction score
I will atest to that, I have riden in the truck it's a 700+hp truck all day long no question about it, and come on it's got the right sticker on the back window I'll help u out with parts for a built bottom end :lame2::rockon:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I will atest to that, I have riden in the truck it's a 700+hp truck all day long no question about it, and come on it's got the right sticker on the back window I'll help u out with parts for a built bottom end :lame2::rockon:

Yeah that thing deff rips. I Remember it wanted to starting to burning the tires off it in the cabelas lot last year when I drove it lol

jdc753

Reaction score
well since its pretty much public knowledge...mind as well post up here. After a nice trip down to MPD for their dyno/race day, red truck made it down and back no problem, took a little heavy pedaling on the way home, and enjoyed driving it. SADLY.....mid week last week, I put a hole in the side of the block in stop and go traffic doing all of maybe 10-15 mph....its up behind the ac compressor so I cant get a good look at it, but its there.....at this point some serious frustration has set it. I know the stock bottom end wouldn't last forever, but I was hoping for more than the 1500 or so miles that I put on it since it went back together this year....I may pull the motor this week just to have it out of the truck...but over all, im gona put the red truck in the back of the garage for a while....got to dyno it once with the new pump and made pretty bad numbers, and never got a track pass out of it.....that's all on this truck for now...will be a while before there any kind of update on it.....

Damn that blows Mark. Really sorry to hear that, after all the work its gotten over the years.

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
Sorry to clog up your build thread but are these just plug in led bulbs in this picture? And if so where Can I find em? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415205500.371564.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well....a little update from the red truck saga.....after some hibernation time, the truck will be getting pulled down to the shop after the new year and the engine will be getting taken out and see what kind of damage was done....

hoping for the best...expecting the worst. I have 2 blocks on stands that will be getting torn down to see if one is useable for the replacement...

more details to come in a few weeks. We will also be making some cosmetic changes and some suspension changes this go around as well.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Lasted a while
This time.....2000
Miles on these head gaskets...prob some h11s or 625s..... And some
Bottom
End work

Me and mike are in a competition.... Who can destroy more
Motors in the same
Chassis

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Lasted a while
This time.....2000
Miles on these head gaskets...prob some h11s or 625s..... And some
Bottom
End work

Me and mike are in a competition.... Who can destroy more
Motors in the same
Chassis
Somebody's trying to drown the pain of this truck and the excursion blowing up?

Latest posts

Members online