Regulated Return Help

Reaction score
I am looking for a Regulated Return fuel system for my obs 7.3. I am looking for it to be full braided stainless and to be compatible with my Swamps GEN3 HPOP. Let me know if you guys can help me out. Thanks!

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
He already PM'd me. He wants to run an 8AN setup, but our returns are 6AN or 3/8 lines. IIRC

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thing is, 6AN should be plenty. There are multiple trucks running our regulated return WELL north of 500hp, so I don't think the line size will be an issue.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
If you make enough power that you need anything larger than 6AN lines, I'd say you have done something.

The supply to the heads should step down to 4AN lines to go into the heads and fit easily with the turbo.

old man dave

Reaction score
Run AN-6 lines to adapted fuel rail plugs at rear of heads if you want to avoid the dinky stock setup and turbo interference. I used the stock return lines off of the front of the heads to a regulator mounted off of the hpop oil reservoir; it works OK with my twin Terminator setup.

Last edited:

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Run AN-6 lines to adapted fuel rail plugs at rear of heads if you want to avoid the dinky stock setup and turbo interference. I used the stock return lines off of the front of the heads to a regulator mounted off of the hpop oil reservoir; it works OK with my twin Terminator setup.
You do realize that the fuel inlet & outlet ports along with the channels on the heads are only 4AN. There is no reason to run 6AN lines unless you pull the heads and figure out a way to bore them out all the way through.

old man dave

Reaction score
After brazing on AN-6 male ends onto the fuel rail plugs I bored the fitting asembly out to the ID of an Aeroquip AN-6 male fitting for the supply side at the back of both heads. I didn't use the stock 1/8" npt supply fuel fittings on the intake side of the heads at all except to plug them off.

The fuel rail plugs themselves have a channel close to AN-6 but are not bored through. They were when I was done though.

old man dave

Reaction score
Just went out to the garage and checked my engine thats on the stand. Pulled out the fuel rail plug and gauged the size of the stock fuel rail gallery with a drill bit. A 3/8" drill bit went in, a 25/64" drill bit did not. Stuck in the drill bit about 5" to get past the larger fuel rail plug thread. I have found the ID of an AN-4 fitting is about 1/4" and the ID of an AN-6 fitting is about 3/8". Aeroquips seem to run larger IDs than say, Earls or the other brands. In addition, I overbored the fittings to the max for greater flow. Seems like the fuel rail gallery is larger than the ID of an AN-6 male fitting to me.

I did not use the stock fuel fittings on the intake side of the heads, I plugged them with a pipe plug. I used the fuel rail plug fittings at the rear of the heads with a adapted AN-6 male/fuel rail plug overbored to the max.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.