Remote start

CurtisF

Reaction score
That's what they quoted me just for parts wtf

The reason being is that they are two different systems.

The short range setup is just a box of keys. It programs to the PATS system, and the remote start is activated through the IDS. No hardware to install.

The long range systems require the installation of a control module as well as a long range antenna. Hence the difference in the price of the parts.

Furthermore, the bi-directional kit is a bit higher price over the one-way because of the differences in the antenna and the remote (they still use the same module though).

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. :thumbup:

CurtisF

Reaction score
Oh I see. Can you give me the part number they quoted me?

Remote Start Series 100 Plug-N-Play (bi-directional) BT4Z-19G364-A. That was the one you wanted, right?

By the way, did you ever get back in touch with them? The dealer called me back to confirm they did try to contact you. Call me if you need me to help with anything, I'll be glad to do whatever I can. Hell, you can buy the part and I'll come install it next time I'm up in Cheyenne. :toast:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yes I talked to the parts lady but she didn't know what series it is. Yes bi directional us what I wanted. I'm going to set it up on my first oil change to have it installed.

Can anyone with ids make them work?

CurtisF

Reaction score
Yes I talked to the parts lady but she didn't know what series it is. Yes bi directional us what I wanted. I'm going to set it up on my first oil change to have it installed.
Cool deal. They better treat you right or I'll have to drop the hammer on them :pullover: :pimp:

Can anyone with ids make them work?

Yep, as long as it's current and updated.

I did forget to mention earlier, and I doubt the dealer has mentioned as well... the bi-directional kits only come with one remote. Additional remotes can be purchased separately.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Cool deal. They better treat you right or I'll have to drop the hammer on them :pullover: :pimp:

Yep, as long as it's current and updated.

I did forget to mention earlier, and I doubt the dealer has mentioned as well... the bi-directional kits only come with one remote. Additional remotes can be purchased separately.

So this bi-directional doesnt require a key cut correct? its just a mini key fob with a start button? I can just have haller program it and ill install it if thats what it comes down to, i have them verifiying the labor for install right now.

CurtisF

Reaction score
So this bi-directional doesnt require a key cut correct? its just a mini key fob with a start button?
Exactly. It looks just like this:

I can just have haller program it and ill install it if thats what it comes down to, i have them verifiying the labor for install right now.
Cool. Let me know if they re-adjust the price. Their first quote was off quite a bit, and I don't know why they did that.

If you need me to help install it, let me know. Just an FYI, there are no instruction sheets in the box. You have to be a dealer or a FAD to get access to them.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
All wrapped up! Went in at 8:10am, left at 9:30am. They even did a computer recalibration while I was waiting. 2 new fobs with remote start integrated on them, and auto start installed on the truck. Regular price that came up on the computer- $395. I walked out at $295+tax. Here's my bill below.
Works just like my lariat does and it's as though it came with the truck. Glad I did it!

Receipt_zps8ca1ba68.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think I might be going This route so I don't have to have another key fob and I can have two.keys with remote start and no additional antennas and modules to deal with

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Still working good?

Orderd parts for mine today, my price was a bit more than yours but only by 25 bucks so i cant complain too much.

Hopefully its done by the weekend, supposed to be cold starting friday...

SAK

Reaction score
Its only been down to the upper 30's down here, but I have been remote starting my truck and I am less then impressed with the remote start in the cold. Water temp will only get up to about 100 with a 15 minute run time. Now my truck does not have rapid heat, I don't know if yours does, but if it does I hope it gets warmer than mine does in that amount of time.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
These things don't warm up fast at all

I do have supplemental heat. I usually don't run more than 5 minutes in the morning anyway

SAK

Reaction score
5 minute idle time to work or remote start?

How does the supplement heat work for you? Is it as quick add they claim?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Currently I just run the truck in the morning 5 min before I leave.

It takes about 30 seconds for warm air to.start coming from the vents. It's warm not hot, but it does work good and I probably wouldn't own another truck without it.

SAK

Reaction score
Wow that is awesome, it takes 5 miles running 70 to get my truck up to 160*, that's when the air starts to blow warm.

Sent from my jacked up Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Im glad the truck has it because last two weeks we had a cold spell around 0 and night and teens to low 20s durring the day, I dont usually drive very much at one time, and i dont think i saw the oil temp over 120 the whole week, and i know thats not really enough heat to have good heat from the vents, and the vents were HOT even with that cool of temps.

SAK

Reaction score
I use to laugh at the fact that people had heated seats down here, I will never own a vehicle that has leather seats without heated seats now. My next truck will most likely have supplement heat.

Sent form my jacked up tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online