Remote start

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I thought the supplimental heat was a joke when they came out with that on the 6.4s...

Then i got this truck... lol

And every seat needs to be heated, even cloth... great for your back on long trips

SAK

Reaction score
I'm glad I have AC seats in my truck for summer time down here lol

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah i can't imagine.

Can you set the remote start to kick that stuff on for you?

SAK

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. It is pre set from the factory. It had to get pretty hot (ambient temp) for it to kick on automatically.

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Ford says there are filters for the a/c seats but I have yet to pull one apart. There mounted underneath the front seats.

Rivets are the new duct tape.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Ford says there are filters for the a/c seats but I have yet to pull one apart. There mounted underneath the front seats.

Rivets are the new duct tape.

There is also one on the back under the cover.

Heated seats come on below 32* F with remote start and I believe that the AC seats come on above 90* F

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dave i looked in the owners manual and it looks like you can extend the remote start before it shuts off by repeating the starting proceedure on the key pad, kind of a pain but at least i could run up to 30 min before having to go to the truck

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Still working good?

Orderd parts for mine today, my price was a bit more than yours but only by 25 bucks so i cant complain too much.

Hopefully its done by the weekend, supposed to be cold starting friday...

Awesome Dustin!
Yeah, it's working great! Both new fobs work the same to fwiw. Used it every morning all week since I bought it.
Makes the mornings so much better. Range is great too. No problem starting it from inside the house over 150' away through walls and all!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dropping the truck off tonight, ill post results after i get it back tomorrow, im pretty darn excited

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Got it done today, so far im happy, the dealer tried to add another 150 on the bill for some reason but i got it taken care of. Ill test its range at work tomorrow, but im pretty stoked to have it done.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Got it done today, so far im happy, the dealer tried to add another 150 on the bill for some reason but i got it taken care of. Ill test its range at work tomorrow, but im pretty stoked to have it done.

Ive seen several setups mentioned in the thread you mind me asking which one you went with and what the out the door price was? Just making sure I'm not getting ripped at $500.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I got the very basic set up, it was the factory style key with the remote button, not long range no feed back, just a simple version like what you would order from the factory

it was 344 out the door

17BLKplat

Reaction score

Nice man!! It's 19° here now and I'm loving that I can look like a commercial and start the truck from the comfort of my home lol

Glad it all went well bud!

CurtisF

Reaction score

Glad you like it! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online