Rest in piece 4r100

Jake

Reaction score
The tcc solenoid was working intermittently. I picked up one from a transmission shop in town. But it got hot so we will see, hopefully I can get through next week with it. At least it's not a daily driver.

redneck101

Reaction score
I just got a ford reman hd for $2625 out the door, with no trans pan on the core. That's with a commercial discount. Gearhead tunes and heavy towing it's holding fine so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jake

Reaction score
Drove it today, it's back to about normal. I will still be planning on a new transmission soon, but I know time is limited on it.

Jake

Reaction score
Well it's really dead now.... 300 degrees pulling in the driveway last night with 10 tons of hay. Picking up the new 4r100 from the dealer in the morning. $3k out the door with a new flex plate.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Well it's really dead now.... 300 degrees pulling in the driveway last night with 10 tons of hay. Picking up the new 4r100 from the dealer in the morning. $3k out the door with a new flex plate.

Get a 6.0 cooler if you haven't already.

Jake

Reaction score
Yes, they said they only have version now. $2551 for the trans ~$190 for the flex plate, and tax.

Arisley

Reaction score
Make sure you flush out the radiator trans cooler really good. I would also think about a filter on the return line. Buy a spare and swap it out real often for the first few thousand miles.

Jake

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to flush it real good, the fluid almost looks like motor oil right now.

Arisley

Reaction score
It may have junk from the transmission in it. Personally, I think I would flush the trans cooler in it really good, put a filter between it and the air-to air cooler, and swap that out a lot, until it doesn't need it anymore. Pay real close attention to trans temp, and carry spares and be ready to swap it on the side of the road.

Or, swap the radiator.

Jake

Reaction score
It may have junk from the transmission in it. Personally, I think I would flush the trans cooler in it really good, put a filter between it and the air-to air cooler, and swap that out a lot, until it doesn't need it anymore. Pay real close attention to trans temp, and carry spares and be ready to swap it on the side of the road.

Or, swap the radiator.
I'm going to flush the heck out of it and put the filter in. I gotta find the part number for the Napa filter head. I'll get the same filters as what's in the diesel site filter kit. I just don't see spending the extra money for billet bling on this truck.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, put the filter between the oil to water cooler and the oil to air cooler. Like I said, carry spares and pay real close attention to the trans temps. I would change the filter when it hits i60º.

Jake

Reaction score
I may just order a kit from DS tomorrow since they have already been down the road with kit. I don't have try to run parts down, just put it in. And there readily available filters. I'm going to get some mineral spirits, use that to flush it then flush it with clean atf and go from there.

Latest posts

Members online