Riff Raff oil pan gasket

caladash

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the oil tank gasket Riff Raff is now selling? I am a click away from ordering it! Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet!

caladash

Reaction score
Oh man....nomenclature police. 1000 pardons. Oil pan. I guess that's what happens when you work on turboshafts all day.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
Wish i would have seen it when puttin this engine back together, id have been all over it. But i also tend to have to go into this thing often lol.

JD3020

Reaction score
I've heard of one guy using it and said he's had no leaks so far. I plan on using one for my OBS build. Looking like i won't be able to flip the engine over and let it sit on a stand to cure the RTV as we don't have the space right now so the gasket will work perfect.

caladash

Reaction score
Wilco on the results! I kept having nightmares of having to sealant my pan! Doing it wrong or to much or to little! This will definitely be nice!

mwx5

Reaction score
i posted this very same gasket over on PSN before the army was created..no one was a fan of it at that time..what gives other then most of the big pony guy's are not posting up anymore ?

Yeah, been at Summit and Jegs for a while.
Maybe with a quality pan from Ford or IH it might be fine.
But if you go with a parts store pan, plan on LOTS of gray silicone. I'd never use the pre-made gasket on a parts store pan. Fact I hate the cheap parts store pans. I haven't used one of these gaskets yet, anyway, but it does look appealing.

MossBack

Reaction score
The gasket works good! I had a hard time sealing a gasket on a 1996 ended up pulling the motor 2 times because of a leak at the passenger side rear.

3ady5u3a.jpg

Added this and no more leak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.