Road trip in the 450!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Justin, our buddy Ken and I are rolling out east in Justin's new F450! Our first tank of fuel, we went 397 miles on 30.9 gallons of fuel with the cruise set at 82mph. Right around 13 mpg hand calculated... Pretty impressed!

His tires measure 36" tall, so rpms are lower than normal, but the truck still has 4.30 gears. We are thinking the wheels and tires actually helped mileage a touch. What are you guys seeing for mileage loaded and unloaded?

re7udepa.jpg

epa8uda5.jpg

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
82 would be 2400 maybe 2500 off the top of my head.

Fuel mileage would be 10.5 to 11.5.

When I'm in Canada I drive a lot slower. 55-65. It really climbs. 13-16 mpg depending on the hills in BC.

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
Twinsburg is about an hour from home!! I'm actually at DIA right now getting ready to fly home for a visit. What are ya doing out there?

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Their getting a truck load of blow up dolls. Apparently it's hard to get them on the west coast because of the high demand on the east coast. Lol

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Their getting a truck load of blow up dolls. Apparently it's hard to get them on the west coast because of the high demand on the east coast. Lol

No no you're all wrong. They got a bulk buy discount on some dildos. Haha

Sorry I had to, they're going to pick up a dyno

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Haha nope! I can tell you that 96% of everyone out here sucks at driving lol

Haha this is how I feel everytime I get in the truck... I really wonder how some people even get their license. I was at the air port the other day and I swear it took this lady 10 minutes to back out of a parking space. She made like a 22pt turn

Latest posts

Members online