Rudys 2k16

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Gotcha, I have not seen the video; but figured it might help me understand.

got a link?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

coolant is worse than oil , once the tires hit it, may as well be on ice, absolutely no control .

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
coolant is worse than oil , once the tires hit it, may as well be on ice, absolutely no control .

I don't know all that, but I'll agree, I saw smoke off the rear passenger side tire as it spun and that was it. Not trying to correct it. It was gone. Smacked the *** out of the wall

883e067bdb5a83586de60d37f989414c.jpg

This is where I was the whole time.

GregW

Reaction score
Not being negative as it sucks but I don't understand how a coolant line blowing could cause a crash..
Please help me underatand.

I'd say it probably sprayed enough coolant for the right side tires to lose traction, and the left side kept pushing towards the wall. I know a few years back, a drag car with a cracked trans sprayed fluid on the left groove of the track. My dad was the next one out. About 60ft out, the left slick hit the fluid, lost traction, and the right slick pushed the car to the left. The car still had the front wheels in the air, and needless to say the car made a hard left and ended up on its roof in the grass.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Wow, ok I did not realize it could all go bad that quick.. I know nothing about racing so thanks for the info...

bluedge8

Reaction score
When I used to race roundy round, on ashpalt, bomber class, the wouldn't let you run antifreeze, and they tested for it. straight water only- it's that slippery.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Antifreeze is worse to get out of or off of anything than oil. I had to wash my hands with gas to get the antifreeze all off, then use dawn dish soap to get all the gas off. The t-shirt I was wearing was a work shirt from a past job. Just threw that right in the trash. It's slippery as can be. Still haven't gotten all of it off the creeper. I hate messing with it.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Not to get off topic, and get all giddy about cummins. But did anyone see that King Speed truck run 5.4 on Friday? Rclb 4wd. Most of the frame is custom with what looked like a fabbed 9" rear end. That is moving. I'm glad it was there, it did 8.8x I think a week or two before Rudys. I don't think they are that well known, and they put lengths on the well know guys like Lavon and his new Rclb which has a lot of fabbed framework and a lightweight front clip.

Last edited:

BOSS450

Reaction score
Not to get off topic, and get all giddy about cummins. But did anyone see that King Speed truck run 5.4 on Friday? Rclb 4wd. Most of the frame is custom with what looked like a fabbed 9" rear end. That is moving. I'm glad it was there, it did 8.8x I think a week or two before Rudys. I don't think they are that well known, and they put lengths on the well know guys like Lavon and his new Rclb which has a lot of fabbed framework and a lightweight front clip.

That's Chase Lunsford and he's plenty well known. That's his blue truck from last year with a fancy wrap to match their new rail.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.