Scanner Question???

bad moose

Reaction score
I have a 2013 F550. On the way to work the service engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they pulled codes and cleared them. It ended up being a reading from the exhaust temp sensor and nox sensor on bank 1. I can't remember the codes off hand now. They didn't have time today to look at it, no big deal. The light have not come back on since. I checked the connectors and they were tight. Went on a service call and drove home still no light.

So now the question, after thinking on it a while, is it a good idea to have a code reader with these trucks to clear the codes and see if they come back? If so, which code reader would be best?

Good news though, I may be able to get blue tooth through the radio finally. Since radio has a phone button the service guy was thinking it was just programming and for $90 the would hook me up, if it didn't work n/c. Yippee, I'll let you know the outcome of that.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
on the 6.7 it would be a good idea to buy a EGT sensor and wrench to keep in the glove box. kinda like the cam sensor issue with the 7.3s

bad moose

Reaction score
Interesting. The only problem is figuring out which bank it is on. Do you think just a cheap scanner would do the job? May be worth carrying both the scanner to clear and see if it comes back and the sensor for when it comes back.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
It is generally the rear sensor and the part# is updated where it can be used anywhere but for the egr

Jesse_01

Reaction score
the nox sensor on cab and box is the very last sensor. On a cab and chassis i am not sure but it looks like this.
jielsdbQ9hjaeXvtuZ5TehvJcyyHGpZonV57Q=w944-h458-no.png

bad moose

Reaction score
Welp.

It went back to the shop today. Check engine light came on again today. NOX sensor bank 1 maybe. Computer says front sensor, Ford book says rear sensor. They called Ford and waiting for answer. Same thing cleared code and it's gone for the moment. Ford wants the sensor and module back, just trying to figure out which one. So they know it's a problem and working on it.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Welp.

It went back to the shop today. Check engine light came on again today. NOX sensor bank 1 maybe. Computer says front sensor, Ford book says rear sensor. They called Ford and waiting for answer. Same thing cleared code and it's gone for the moment. Ford wants the sensor and module back, just trying to figure out which one. So they know it's a problem and working on it.

Some fords had issues with nox sensor and there is a recalibration for it. I would just delete it all if that works out for your region.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk now Free

bad moose

Reaction score
Yep the recal already has been done.

Wish I could do the deletes. I t would be fun just to see what it would be like uncorked. But it's a work truck and goes across the scales.:doh:

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Yep the recal already has been done.

Wish I could do the deletes. I t would be fun just to see what it would be like uncorked. But it's a work truck and goes across the scales.:doh:

We have both of our work trucks deleted go across the scales. I am in canada thought. They pull really well deleted. I wouldn't mind getting a custom tune for one lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk now Free

Latest posts

Members online