Shrinking the truck

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Looking to drop my 08 f250 down to a leveled stance. Going from a cheesy fab tech 6" kit to 2" leveling stance, similar to this carli kit: http://www.carlisuspension.com/ford-super-duty/suspension/lvl-commuter20.html.

From what I can tell, to accomplish utilizing a kit like this, I just need a few items; oe track bar mounting bracket (found on flea bay) and now I'm on the hunt for a oe 08-10 f250 sway bar end links, rear spring block and pitman arm? Does anyone have an idea what the ford part numbers would be? I currently have bilstein 5100's (may be able to re-use) and as far as the lift goes, Everything that is currently on the truck, are just drop brackets (radius arms, taller springs, 4-6" adjustable track bar, etc..). Anyone have any ideas what else I will need? Maybe a cheaper route to go like AA factory coil springs? Just out right buy new coil springs and a adjustable track bar for a 2" setup?

My tires are a 325/60r20 (35.4x12.8x20) I should be able to clear these with a leveling kit correct?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
So are you looking at buying the carli kit or making your own using the similar products?

If you have 5100 bilsteins for your 6" they will be to long for your 2.5" kit

You are going to get a much better ride out of a carli or icon spring than factory, I say buy a new coil for the minimal cost.
Carli has taken the top spot in my book as far as ride quality is concerned. Anyone that has driven my truck or a full carli setup will attest to that.
Icon also makes a killer product.

Your shock choices will depend on budget and what ride your looking for/ what the truck is used mainly for "soft vs stiff" (spongy vs tight for lack of a better term)

You will need a 4" rear block to attain a level height with a 2.5" spacer or 2.5" coil

Factory sway bar links, and a new trac bar are more than likely going to be needed.

By the time you piece a kit together with quality parts you could spend close to the same and buy a carli kit. You will not find a better ride for the money.

Your tires will be fine with this setup, if anything, minor fender liner trimming.
I'd be happy to help you out and put something together for you if you need the help.
-Chris Bent

Last edited:

Radioflyer

Reaction score
So are you looking at buying the carli kit or making your own using the similar products?

If you have 5100 bilsteins for your 6" they will be to long for your 2.5" kit

You are going to get a much better ride out of a carli or icon spring than factory, I say buy a new coil for the minimal cost.
Carli has taken the top spot in my book as far as ride quality is concerned. Anyone that has driven my truck or a full carli setup will attest to that.
Icon also makes a killer product.

Your shock choices will depend on budget and what ride your looking for/ what the truck is used mainly for "soft vs stiff" (spongy vs tight for lack of a better term)

You will need a 4" rear block to attain a level height with a 2.5" spacer or 2.5" coil

Factory sway bar links, and a new trac bar are more than likely going to be needed.

By the time you piece a kit together with quality parts you could spend close to the same and buy a carli kit. You will not find a better ride for the money.

Your tires will be fine with this setup, if anything, minor fender liner trimming.
I'd be happy to help you out and put something together for you if you need the help.
-Chris Bent

I've ridden in multiple carli trucks locally, super duty and dodges alike and have been very impressed with their ride quality. Thus their parts being my first choice. Thank you for input! Glad to hear you like your setup from them! :thumbsup:

BDP Sales

Reaction score
I have a thuren/carli setup on my 6.7 cummins. Sooooo much better than factory ride, the new stuff that carli is coming out with in the pintop area for the ford looks promising!

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I have a thuren/carli setup on my 6.7 cummins. Sooooo much better than factory ride, the new stuff that carli is coming out with in the pintop area for the ford looks promising!

They do have a pintop 2.5 kit for the 05 and newer SD's. They have the King shocks vs the fox's or Bilstein. It's almost 2k more but if the ride quality is there, it would almost be worth it to someone who's looking for something that isn't too tall and can take a little off road abuse. For my application, I believe the fox's will do just fine, this truck is going to be mainly anymore a road queen/track queen.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
question on font springs..going lower then level'd.."stock height" per say with my tires.....stock 6.4 springs..v10 springs...or 5.4 springs? Going with a F250 stock rear block.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I am running stock 5200lb front springs and no rear blocks on my f250 with 35x12.5s on 20x10 -19 offset. Only rubs a little when turning thru a dip.

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I do have a 3/4" block that's built into my track bar bracket in the back. It sits pretty much dead level like that.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20140126_001.jpg
    WP_20140126_001.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 61
  • WP_20140126_002.jpg
    WP_20140126_002.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 67

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I do have a 3/4" block that's built into my track bar bracket in the back. It sits pretty much dead level like that.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have a P# for the front springs or the spring code handy?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Thanks for the info sootie but I'm gonna grab em from danny26, his location is only 15 min away according to his profile. Lol. With these f250 rear blocks, 5.4 springs or oe 6.4 springs?? I know I asked this at least I thought I did , but my tapatalk is doing goofy chit.