Single 66 on a 6.0

Agjake11

Reaction score
We're going to sealy this Saturday....

Haha. Sounds like the setup got even better. Eager to see it run and I'm moving out that way next week also

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I think this might be one thing worth missing a fishing trip for...

I wish, but one more week shouldnt hurt too bad...

We're going to sealy this Saturday....

Haha. Sounds like the setup got even better. Eager to see it run and I'm moving out that way next week also

Dang, wish i could make it out there saturday but i will still be in Matagorda area. Take some videos!

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Alright. Took the go pro out this afternoon. Video is 20 min long. From startup to shutdown. I will have to edit out smaller clips obviously. Here is what i have.

1. Normal take off from 0-60 leaving a stop sign.
2. "Brisk" take off from 0-80 leaving a stop sign.
3. "Quick" take off, slowly adding more pedal till i hit 30mph then put it to the floor to 110mph. (EGTS were only at 1500 at 90mph)
4. Then a WOT from 70mph to 100mph.

Give me a while to edit and everything. See if i can get it all in one video with captions.
Brief warning: #3 and 4 are smokey.
Temp was 90*F.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Thanks! I have the video taken. But its 20min long and I had to download some software to convert it. leaving on a short fishing trip today. Hope to have the videos up Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Hope this works.

Im no computer genius so this took a while. Had to "buy" some editing software so i could edit the gopro video, then i had absolutely no idea how to work it. So the videos will just be clips. I think this one took me 4 hours to make LOL

Somehow the quality went to 240... dont know why as the original is 1080. I will see if i can get this fixed and upload a better one. More to follow. This is just a normal takeoff 0-60mph on Xtreme X.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh780qIi2l4

Agjake11

Reaction score
Pretty clean.

Just FYI theres some free software I downloaded. It will rotate the video etc and you can clip etc. think it was called 5square or 5squared

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Pretty clean.

Just FYI theres some free software I downloaded. It will rotate the video etc and you can clip etc. think it was called 5square or 5squared

Thanks ill check it out. Ill actually be headed to civilization later tonight so will have much faster internet to upload videos. Here is a little better quality but will try to make it better later this evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zsacRJHrCE&feature=plcp

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
VERY NICE man. I like how it sounds.

Thanks! Im very happy with it. And i drove with the windows down for the first time the other night and it was LOUD. I might have to put a muffler on it just for the outside noise. Inside the cab its not too bad, but it does have a slight drone around 82mph which is cruising speed here on I-10. My old setup had the same drone around 80mph.

Charles

Reaction score
I love watching the smoke increase, increase, increase, increase as the pw probably stays around the same, but the rpm increases....then on a shift the rpm drops and smoke again tails, then starts building again.

A video angle like that would be nice for tuning. The only way I've ever seen that before was watching someone else going down the strip and seeing the smoke building before each shift, letting you know you could use a bit larger nozzle up top.

Or maybe the 66 is running out of air up top?

Regardless, that thing looked to be running very well, and cleaning up nicely. I just thought visually seeing the injection window getting long in the tooth with that camera angle was cool.

On Edit: It's really obvious in the middle video above.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I love watching the smoke increase, increase, increase, increase as the pw probably stays around the same, but the rpm increases....then on a shift the rpm drops and smoke again tails, then starts building again.

A video angle like that would be nice for tuning. The only way I've ever seen that before was watching someone else going down the strip and seeing the smoke building before each shift, letting you know you could use a bit larger nozzle up top.

Or maybe the 66 is running out of air up top?

Regardless, that thing looked to be running very well, and cleaning up nicely. I just thought visually seeing the injection window getting long in the tooth with that camera angle was cool.

On Edit: It's really obvious in the middle video above.

agreed Charles, mine does something similar as well, and I have 205cc/150%

this turbo cleans up 205s nicely on a full fuel tune.

Latest posts

Members online