Single turbo s 476

twisted stroke

Reaction score
I read and hear a lot bout the s 475 single turbo but I was wondering if any body has ran a s476 and if so what kind of numbers have they had and how did it spoil on the street

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
A PTE ball bearing 76 might be pretty sick, spendy though. If ball bearing is what people claim then it should spool just as fast if not faster then a 75 assuming the specs are the same, big flow from there billet wheels to... i think MPD was claiming the size of the compressor doesnt really effect spool up an that its mainly up the the exhaust side?

extreme3807

Reaction score
A PTE ball bearing 76 might be pretty sick, spendy though. If ball bearing is what people claim then it should spool just as fast if not faster then a 75 assuming the specs are the same, big flow from there billet wheels to... i think MPD was claiming the size of the compressor doesnt really effect spool up an that its mainly up the the exhaust side?

Correct. I went from a 75 to a 80 and only switched compressor, spool up was exactly the same. Switching housings made a night and day difference

Marty

Reaction score
Increase intake wheel size (and weight) will slow spool up. The difference between 75/76 will not be noticeable.

A billet wheel wont spool or flow better then an identical cast wheel. It is only stronger.

Exhaust housing and wheel size are the the most important for spoolup. Ball bearing helps also.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Increase intake wheel size (and weight) will slow spool up. The difference between 75/76 will not be noticeable.

A billet wheel wont spool or flow better then an identical cast wheel. It is only stronger.

Exhaust housing and wheel size are the the most important for spoolup. Ball bearing helps also.

Less weight of a billet wheel vs a cast wheel, IE less rotating mass doesn't equate to quicker spool?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Ball bearing is what is going to make the biggest difference in spool up IMO. Though I don't think a journal bearing would be hard to spool...a BB just makes it that much easier. If the billet wheel is lighter then I would think that would help as well.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ball bearing is what is going to make the biggest difference in spool up IMO. Though I don't think a journal bearing would be hard to spool...a BB just makes it that much easier. If the billet wheel is lighter then I would think that would help as well.

Ball bearing>journal bearing all day

Matt

Reaction score
A billet wheel that has the same profile as its cast counterpart is not lighter.

one2nine

Reaction score
Not to get off topic but can you pm me some info on the 75 setup you were running. I'm curious on your feedback. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online