Small lifts?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
If you want the best riding kit get a true 4 link kit..added benefit is being able to dial in additional castor...the real cause of wobble problems in the '05 up trucks is the lack of castor.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
I have a 4.5" Icon lift on mine right now, for the last 5 years...still flawless.

...but I'm also running 40" tires.

To answer your other question "what is the difference between a F350 and F250."..If you are talking about SRW.

1. Badge on side of truck
2. 600lb more towing capacity(block/leaf)
3. nothing else...LOL

Once you put a lift on it, the only difference is the badge that says "F350"...LOL

smokedout250

Reaction score
My biggest issue is dropping so much money on a lift when I'm not going to be going muding I'm simply wanting a 35" tire and the look plus it's nice for hunting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
My biggest issue is dropping so much money on a lift when I'm not going to be going muding I'm simply wanting a 35" tire and the look plus it's nice for hunting....

Who cares how you use it? If the look is what you want then go for it. I don't use my truck for mudding, and a hardly even use it as a truck to be honest. Not everything has to be a need. I wanted a lifted diesel, so I have one. How many of the people that go mudding "need" to??

On the other hand tho, leveled with nice wheels and 35s is going to look good too. I've often thought about going back down with mine to that height, but always talk myself out of it cause I have small man syndrome.

smokedout250

Reaction score
We have quite a few options for both 4-4.5" lifts and for leveling systems.

Take a look at what we have:
http://www.trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=111

As for brands.....as mentioned, you can't go wrong with Icon. Definitely a great suspension system to run. But for lower cost you could also look at the BDS, RCD or CST.

Well would you recommend a 4 link over the radious? If so what kit is gonna be the best

DC@Special

Reaction score
Well would you recommend a 4 link over the radious? If so what kit is gonna be the best

Using a 4-link or the OUO Adjustable Link Arm or both very nice upgrades.

If it was my truck I would either do a Icon 4-link setup or a Icon 4.5" with OUO ALAs. And upgrade to the 2.5" Icon shocks. That will give you a great setup....extremely well built and a great ride on and off road.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Using a 4-link or the OUO Adjustable Link Arm or both very nice upgrades.

If it was my truck I would either do a Icon 4-link setup or a Icon 4.5" with OUO ALAs. And upgrade to the 2.5" Icon shocks. That will give you a great setup....extremely well built and a great ride on and off road.

Can you get me a quote on that? And possibly your cheaper setup? Pls?

Im not gonna go wheeling I want a good dd that's it lol 37 are what I would love to run but can afford tires lol maby if I didn't run 20s they would be better

smokedout250

Reaction score
How big of a tire can I run on a 4.5"-5" lift? I'm looking LT355/65R-18, Terra Grappler. I figure I can run a 35" tire leveled I should be able to clear a 36.5" tire one 5" lift... Is my logic right?

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
It all depends on the tire manufacturer and ACTUAL width.....and how/where you drive.

I don't think you can fit a 35" on a leveling kit....but you you can definitely fit a 35" on a 4.5" lift.

...best "rule of thumb" for our trucks......you can fit the last number of a certain size tire on the coinciding inch lift.

35" tire on 5" lift
36" tire on a 6" lift
37" tire on a 7" lift
38" tire on a 8" lift

....but like I said....it still depends on the width of the tire, and if you offroad your truck real hard.....you may have to trim your bumper to get them to fit.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Actualy I'm running 34.5 on my stock height 250. But now that I look at that tire is around 14" wide.....

smokedout250

Reaction score
But the 5" says it will fit a 36" tire as well so idk maby I'll go 6" and see if that's what I'm looking for

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
U think the best thing to do is establish a budget what's your max your gonna spend on everything

Lift, wheels, tires ect

Then what's the biggest tires you want to run will be the next thing the establish once you've done then you'll know what kit to buy or if your gonna need to wait to and save a little more before you do it. Suspensions are just like go fast parts don't cheap out. I've been looking at 4.5" coilovers kits for over a year and I've decided what kit and have the money saved so now I'm shopping.

Just so words of advise

smokedout250

Reaction score
Basically I'm not looking for A hard core lift. I'm looking for the look lol basically I wanna be a poser.... Sounds bad I loved lifted trucks. I wan t bigger tires either 35s or 37s I want a reasonable priced that isn't going to change the way the truck drives now. If its rough no big problem. I still wanna tow.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Basically I'm not looking for A hard core lift. I'm looking for the look lol basically I wanna be a poser.... Sounds bad I loved lifted trucks. I wan t bigger tires either 35s or 37s I want a reasonable priced that isn't going to change the way the truck drives now. If its rough no big problem. I still wanna tow.

If price is an issue, but you want good performance...ICON...hands down.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Icon is on my list but it's so dang expensive! Lol I've told 4 link is the best way to go. But is it reAlly with dropping all that money for a pavement princess? I ran my old jeep with 4 link it was great off road but honestly handled like sh$t on the road... I want a road lift ride quality reAlly doesn't bother me... I use to own an obs..., with ttb

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.