Snow White Resurrection

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I think Snow White has been blown off for mud toys now. :(

While technically correct, I think it would be more fair to say that Snow White has been neglected for toys that David can enjoy with his wife and daughter.

He and I have discussed this several times because I'm in the same boat. I've been "going racing" and my girls have been "going and watching" for quite a while...and I've been making a similar change in hobby. This is why my truck has been sitting since Bakersfield...at the rate I'm working on it I will be lucky if it's back together for the finals.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Dennis do I hear that "going racing" is a young mans game? Lol jk god bless him. Though we would all love to see this truck going again, if it's a quality of life/marriage situation I totally get that.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Bite me...OLD is a state of mind, not a number! At least that is what I keep telling myself anyway...LMAO!

I think "quality of life" is a good description. I can't speak for David (though I think it's the same thing for him as it is for me), but for me it is nice to be enjoying my "automotive hobby" with my wife and/or daughter beside me as opposed to doing it with them in the stands or the pits. It's also nice to spend some weekend time doing something that isn't quite so closely related to what I do for 50-60 hours every week.

mandkole

Reaction score
I totally get it.. The race toys have sat in the shop for a season and a half now. Preparing to race, then sitting at the track (or in the lanes) most of the day working on the bike between rounds isnt what I want to do right now. My wife likes going so Im going to likely sell the bike, build the car enough to make it fun (although it won't be 7.5 sec of fun like the bike was) and then she can drive it also.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Bite me...OLD is a state of mind, not a number! At least that is what I keep telling myself anyway...LMAO!

I think "quality of life" is a good description. I can't speak for David (though I think it's the same thing for him as it is for me), but for me it is nice to be enjoying my "automotive hobby" with my wife and/or daughter beside me as opposed to doing it with them in the stands or the pits. It's also nice to spend some weekend time doing something that isn't quite so closely related to what I do for 50-60 hours every week.
thats understandable!

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I cant speak for anyone, but I wanna say that david is happier then he ever has been. not saying it has anything to do with snowball or not, but she is a little snowballing hooker.

imelmo

Reaction score
While technically correct, I think it would be more fair to say that Snow White has been neglected for toys that David can enjoy with his wife and daughter.

He and I have discussed this several times because I'm in the same boat. I've been "going racing" and my girls have been "going and watching" for quite a while...and I've been making a similar change in hobby. This is why my truck has been sitting since Bakersfield...at the rate I'm working on it I will be lucky if it's back together for the finals.

This is true.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Dennis do I hear that "going racing" is a young mans game? Lol jk god bless him. Though we would all love to see this truck going again, if it's a quality of life/marriage situation I totally get that.

Speaking for myself...

It's not a game for guys with kids that are at the age where they want Daddy around doing what they're doing, or wanting to do what you do. They get bored and fussy when they're not right there with you. Plus it gets hard on your conscience after a while leaving your wife to spend yet another Friday/Saturday night sitting in the pits waiting for you to have your fun.

Unless of course, your wife has her own hobbies, or is just as into racing/pulling as you are.

My interest in diesels has kinda gone full circle. I bought one because a 460 truck wasn't comfortable to tow with anymore. To much for fuel.

Then things got outa hand for a while.

Now, I'm back to wanting just enough to tow comfortably.

I'm not saying that once this engine is done in my '02 (third engine for that truck) that I won't find some of that joy again. I'm just saying I'm not quite as obsessed as I used to be.

Wayne

Reaction score
At least Dennis and David did it smart, starting out with 2wd single cab trucks. Trying to keep input shafts in my 9500#'s of lifted school bus was a bad idea from the start. The stupid thing ended up being too heavy to sled pull too. Speed comes a lot more easy and reliably when you have 1000's less lbs. to deal with. But then again, all the costs of setting one up for traction in 2wd gets expensive too.

As much as you/us old timers may not like it, the fast & expensive trucks like many here have sort of grown out of are what inspire and drive the younger guys to do cool builds. I bet you've heard it many times; "your truck inspired me to do the build I'm working on now. Seeing your truck at the track really made me want to make mine faster." Now get off your wrinkly old duffs, abandon your families, max out your credit cards, and get those trucks back at the track! LOL LOL LOL

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Snow White is alive and well, but my family takes precedence nowadays.
Takes a while to realize what is more important but rest assured that God willing she will make a few more head turning passes.

My wife and daughter much more enjoy our off-roading activities more than sitting in the stands so that is what will take my time for now.

imelmo

Reaction score
Well send 'er over here to your former son-in-law and I'll run her while y'all play in the mud. :D

Latest posts

Members online