Snow White Resurrection

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Come on guys, let's put our thinking caps on, I want to race again but for a whole different reason.

At the beginning it was to get business, we have that now.

2 reasons I want to race again, first and foremost to give glory and Honor to my Saviour that gave me the wisdom and knowledge to do this in the first place and secondly to help out the Powerstroke community as a whole to further develop parts/programs/ideas to go quicker and faster. An internal combustion engine is just that gas or diesel, 7.3 Dinosaur, 6.0, 6.4, 6.7 the same basic rules apply to racing "Power over time"='s getting down the track.

A lot of you know How I am, I like to post questions that making people think.
I can give you the answer but most wont actually learn from it vs actually thinking about it. Do you think the Cummins and Dmax guys got fast by reading the internet lol

You should pray harder because your savior is the only chance to run any decent times in that thing. Maybe pray to Wade's Jesus he goes way way faster.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
On the slip from yesterday, is that one slip with your time on the right, or 2 slips with your 2 complete runs? The back half on the top right, is way short of the power that was being put down on the back halves on nitrous.
Both complete runs from yesterday.
Your not back halfing nearly as much. Your 1/8 mile is only 3 mph off but your 1/4 is almost 6 mph off
:poke:
How about a rear gear change
Now we are getting somewhere.
:evil
David what do you have in it for gears?

3.54 with a current 33" tall slick.

Now the question is WHY do I need a gear change?

anyone wanna speculate on how much power was being put down in the first 1/8 mile vs the last 1/8 mile?

and for some of you that made some post regarding reaction time and ET, no this has nothing to do with either, this is about power to the ground over the course of 1320 feet, but one fix will have a big reaction to ET and the 60Ft problem.

also the bad 60' numbers had nothing to do with lack of traction, what contributed to my bad 60' numbers before has nothing to do with the 60' problems that I encountered yesterday.

I make it a point to learn something new everyday and this weekend was no exception.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Get the 4 link tuned and swap tires. Work on getting the 60' down. That'll help get the ET down a bit. Maybe a little shorter rear tire too. It sounded like you still had some RPM left to use on the big end, but not enough to consider a gear swap. A shorter tire should help gain a little speed to further cut ET.

;):evil

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Well If that's the case, he's not lacking air like everyone is saying. You'll actually lose power going any larger on a single. He may benefit from a larger turbine wheel if it's available. (Precision)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 7

A GTX45R would actually gain me power but I would rather spend the time and add my GT55 to it and gain even more power.

Reaction score

anyone wanna speculate on how much power was being put down in the first 1/8 mile vs the last 1/8 mile?

and for some of you that made some post regarding reaction time and ET, no this has nothing to do with either, this is about power to the ground over the course of 1320 feet, but one fix will have a big reaction to ET and the 60Ft problem.

I remember talking to you more in depth about this last night now. Your getting out of the power band on the big end, but I won't say what you told me yesterday and ruin the fun. LOL I think you already told me and Andy the answer

bluedge8

Reaction score
since a diesel doesn't like rpm's compared to a gas motor, you need to drop the ratio, let the motor work more in it's favored rpm range.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
You should pray harder because your savior is the only chance to run any decent times in that thing. Maybe pray to Wade's Jesus he goes way way faster.

JD
I realize that you are just poking fun and I am ok with that because if you actually knew the God I know you would regret everyday of your life for making fun of him and what I believe.

THIS thread is living proof of that:poke:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
first 1/8 mile is about 830 hp

last 1/8 mile is about 730hp

If it were me i would be looking to run a 30-31 inch tall tire, should get you trapping around 3500 rpm

DocBar

Reaction score
Both complete runs from yesterday.

:poke:

Now we are getting somewhere.

:evil

also the bad 60' numbers had nothing to do with lack of traction, what contributed to my bad 60' numbers before has nothing to do with the 60' problems that I encountered yesterday.

I make it a point to learn something new everyday and this weekend was no exception.
Since you're teaching and some of us are learning, why did you go with a 3.54 gear to begin with? I would have guessed lower than that. Maybe in the 4.10 range.
EDIT: Is it because of lower RPMS with a diesel?

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Since you're teaching and some of us are learning, why did you go with a 3.54 gear to begin with? I would have guessed lower than that. Maybe in the 4.10 range.
EDIT: Is it because of lower RPMS with a diesel?

on nitrous and 128 trap speed his getting close to the 3500 rpm mark with the 3.54

4.10 would be at or near 4k

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
since a diesel doesn't like rpm's compared to a gas motor, you need to drop the ratio, let the motor work more in it's favored rpm range.

Play with these, math doesn't lie and you can't manipulate it like you can a dyno. Also keep in mind my power band starts at 3200 rpm.

truck weighed in at 5690 at the track, 3.54(use 2.5488 for rear gear ratio which includes .72 OD ratio) rear gears and 33" tall tire
1/8 mile comparison

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatoreigth.php

1/4 mile comparison

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/calc.php

DocBar

Reaction score
on nitrous and 128 trap speed his getting close to the 3500 rpm mark with the 3.54

4.10 would be at or near 4k
Not trying to argue, just understand better, but can't he run higher RPM's with the cam and head work he's done? For some reason I was thinking 4k would be OK with what he's done to the truck.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
your trapping when your powerband STARTS

you need to be at the middle to end of that...

PLUS i think it will help your truck get out and 60' better