Snow White Resurrection

JDub

Reaction score
The last set of rules I had printed out for TS says minimum weight for pro street was 4900 lbs

Edit: tree'd by JD.. The Lightning was/is 4500lbs.

Truck had to have steel bolted in it to be legal at its first nhrda event in Arizona, 4500lbs, went 9.91. Then had to bolt an additional 400lbs in it before hauling it to TS, where it broke at 1000ft and coasted to a 10.01.

But again, all in the past and we should all be more interested in the present. Which for right now is resting on Lott and Dennis pushing their rags down the track.

I strongly believe both of them will do it on fuel. I've known Dennis a long time and I don't think he feels he has anything to prove or records to set, he has personal goals he'd like to meet, first and foremost being having fun at the track. In reading lotts posts over the course of the past month, it appears the spark has been ignited within him again and his goals are much the same. Just enjoying his time at the track. And ruffling a few feathers on a forums while he's at it.

Sent from my XT907

Viking

Reaction score
Ya I like to **** in the woods once a year but perfer a toilet most the time.

Best thing about the woods.....won't clog and the wife won't complain about not turning the fan on. Best thing about the 7.3l won't lift heads and no EGR to clog.

Wayne

Reaction score
Good call Viking. Much easier to make a fast 7.3 like Lott's than remove an Egr cooler or install head studs on something else.LOL by the way, has anybody ever heard of a 7.3 with a blown head gasket? My guess is not, since viking said so :rolleyes:

imelmo

Reaction score
Good call Viking. Much easier to make a fast 7.3 like Lott's than remove an Egr cooler or install head studs on something else.LOL by the way, has anybody ever heard of a 7.3 with a blown head gasket? My guess is not, since viking said so :rolleyes:

Our fearless leader of this site has blown a set. So have I for that matter. LOL

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score

Bolt on vs Knowledge :poke:

Wayne

Reaction score
Please enlighten me on this concept of knowledge being better than the proper combination of parts and tuning:bowfast:

Viking

Reaction score

Didn't say anything about going fast. SOOO sorry to chime in oh great one

Wayne

Reaction score
Didn't say anything about going fast. SOOO sorry to chime in oh great one

You are pardoned. Sir Viking.:toast: I get a little carried away with the sarcasm sometimes. :gethim:Sorry. I made the mistake of assuming you were referencing going fast, because that's what this thread is about, and generally the cause of failed head gaskets with stock head bolts on all platforms. Egr, now we can definitely agree that this garbage is a mechanical disadvantage to anything it's attached to.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Well no test N tune tune tonight, replacement upgraded billet tranny parts won't show up till Monday, the good news is someone at the shop marked the wrong TC which explains the slow spool up/staging and lousier than usual 60ft. Tried the right TC with a stock intermediate shaft and twisted it off on the second launch in the parking lot

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Well no test N tune tune tonight, replacement upgraded billet tranny parts won't show up till Monday, the good news is someone at the shop marked the wrong TC which explains the slow spool up/staging and lousier than usual 60ft. Tried the right TC with a stock intermediate shaft and twisted it off on the second launch in the parking lot

That's good news wrong tq will ruin a run.

Wayne

Reaction score
:rockon:
Sorry to hear about the lousy results on the intermediate shaft though. On the bright side, it sounds like it's making plenty of torque.

DocBar

Reaction score
Nice. Can't wait to make a compound believer out of you...you know you like the idea and see the potential.....

Latest posts

Members online