So it begins

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Was told 300/200's is as big you can go and still be DD friendly. I don't know what to expect if have 600hp or even how to handle it.

golfer

Reaction score
Dave Armstrong has 400/400 in his family excursion. It's all in tuning

whoa...

I tried and tried to get 400s to be clean on the street...but wasn't ever happy enough to leave them in there...just hazy hazy...

200% nozzles are a breeze for a DD.

golfer

Reaction score
Hi Dave! I love those 200's y'all threw on for me. Hope all is well with you and the crew down there.

good deal, Dom!

yeah...we typically recommend 30s or 200's...see no reason for anything in between.

isootmypants

Reaction score
whoa...

I tried and tried to get 400s to be clean on the street...but wasn't ever happy enough to leave them in there...just hazy hazy...

200% nozzles are a breeze for a DD.

Did I jump to conclusions?? My bad. Just referencing to what you said to me when I was going from 250/100 to my 300/200 from you. Mentioned you had 4/4 in the excursion.

njjeep

Reaction score
So are you just swapping out the rods and adding a girdle? Or are you doing new pistons too? Also, do you have to get the rotating assembly balanced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isootmypants

Reaction score
Can't just "add" a girdle. Needs to be line bored and rotating assembly needs to be balanced. Fill will be added. So complete tear down is happening. All clearances and tolerances done. Pistons are already done. Just not coated

02BigD

Reaction score
good deal, Dom!

yeah...we typically recommend 30s or 200's...see no reason for anything in between.

Things have some a long way for the old dinosaur. There is no comparison between the 100 & 200 nozzle after having both for some miles now. Cooler, less smoke, which really blew me away with the 200's.

Can't just "add" a girdle. Needs to be line bored and rotating assembly needs to be balanced. Fill will be added. So complete tear down is happening. All clearances and tolerances done. Pistons are already done. Just not coated

It's almost a shame to bury something so sexy inside one engine...

Pistons.jpg

isootmypants

Reaction score
Things have some a long way for the old dinosaur. There is no comparison between the 100 & 200 nozzle after having both for some miles now. Cooler, less smoke, which really blew me away with the 200's.

It's almost a shame to bury something so sexy inside one engine...

Pistons.jpg

That is sexy haha. Mine are just delipped and radiused. 15.5:1. Coating just added security for heat and crack preventative correct?

isootmypants

Reaction score
Well doesn't look like I'm going to RRE. BUT everything will be done to the max. Having Carson build my motor again. Stage 2 cam, relief cuts in pistons, coated pistons, Carson is porting heads more. Twin terminator pumps and changing injectors to 450/400. Fire ringed heads and he will hot retorque for me on the stand. Ati dampener, precision flex plate, girdle and aluminum valve covers came in. Dropping everything off probably next weekend.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Well doesn't look like I'm going to RRE. BUT everything will be done to the max. Having Carson build my motor again. Stage 2 cam, relief cuts in pistons, coated pistons, Carson is porting heads more. Twin terminator pumps and changing injectors to 450/400. Fire ringed heads and he will hot retorque for me on the stand. Ati dampener, precision flex plate, girdle and aluminum valve covers came in. Dropping everything off probably next weekend.

TJ I was wondering why you're going with the ATI balancer? I have a fluidampr and I'm not saying one is better than the other just curious as to your input on the choice?

isootmypants

Reaction score
TJ I was wondering why you're going with the ATI balancer? I have a fluidampr and I'm not saying one is better than the other just curious as to your input on the choice?

Ati can be balanced with rotating assembly. Fluid dampeners, I've heard of gelling up on one side and throwing off balance

Latest posts

Members online