so what is ''safe'' power level for the 6.7

Mattn

Reaction score
just like the title says i have been trying to find this and its bothering me. i know that boost should be kept under 28ish psi on a stock turbo, and this pretty much limits the truck enough that everything else is safe.
but if i put a new turbo on and were able to get higher numbers at what point do i need to worry about things like rods ect?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
My opinion is a good turbo and a good tune is safe... But my buddy lost 3 rods in a truck a few ago stock.

Mattn

Reaction score
yikes in a stock truck, thats not cool...
so ''good turbo'' is the 2015 swap an okay idea? I have still heard of someone throwing a rod with the 15 turbo, the blame was that it was VGT?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
yikes in a stock truck, thats not cool...
so ''good turbo'' is the 2015 swap an okay idea? I have still heard of someone throwing a rod with the 15 turbo, the blame was that it was VGT?

Well I just found out a bearing failed.

I am a non VGT guy myself. But there are a lot of guys having zero issues with those swaps.

Mattn

Reaction score
thank you!
do you know what HP these trucks make with a stock '15 turbo (no billet wheel) and stock '12 fuel pump?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
thank you!
do you know what HP these trucks make with a stock '15 turbo (no billet wheel) and stock '12 fuel pump?

I don't recall exactly. I own the H&S turbo kit like jcain just posted. I would recommend you take a look in that direction. That kit takes a 60K truck and maintains that quality.

Mattn

Reaction score
the only problem i have with that kit, is the extra $4000 to buy it. otherwise I would be all over it.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
the only problem i have with that kit, is the extra $4000 to buy it. otherwise I would be all over it.

I hear ya. I held off a little for that reason. I promise you won't regret staying patient. And resell on that kit will always be very high and easy.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Morgan at Midwest Diesel was running a 68mm vgt based off a 2015 turbo and dual fuelers on his 2015 with a stock engine. He did kill the transmission but the engine lived.

jcain

Reaction score
My truck made 492/1159 with the 2015 turbo swap on a stock 2012 hp pump

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine made 595 lifted and i flogged the dog$hit out of it everyday for a year and a half with dual pumps and giving it max fuel , it prolly would have made 625 on a stock height truck , with non vgt and decent tuning, they will live at 700 .

Mattn

Reaction score
mine made 595 lifted and i flogged the dog$hit out of it everyday for a year and a half with dual pumps and giving it max fuel , it prolly would have made 625 on a stock height truck , with non vgt and decent tuning, they will live at 700 .

And what about with VGT? More of a street daily driver truck than all out race truck

Dzchey21

Reaction score
mines at the 600 Level not a ton of miles like that but it seams ok. Good tuning goes along way. 64mm streetmax.

There are alot of good turbo options out there.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
safe......ha ha, you guys kill me. Safe is buying a Focus....... Yes with the right products they are bad ass.. No factory cummings will do that.... Oh wait my bad, Cummings....

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
Depends really. I've seen some wrecks where the big bad truck had fatalities due to rollovers and the people in the small cars walked away

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
safe......ha ha, you guys kill me. Safe is buying a Focus....... Yes with the right products they are bad ass.. No factory cummings will do that.... Oh wait my bad, Cummings....

Whatever you know them dodges is baaahhaahhaahhaaaaaaadddddd you goat loving ***.

Latest posts

Members online