Sound Off!!... show off the systems and what you've done

907DAVE

Reaction score
Check out the Polar Wire brand, you can pick it up at your local NAPA.

Good stuff!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I used 0/1 because I had it already. 4 gauge is more than enough. I went alternator to battery, 2 engine grounds to chassis, battery ground to body plus extended to the frame.
You just can't have a good enough ground path. All my amp grounds bolt through the cab floor then extend to the frame also. I like overkill. LOL

AKHILF

Reaction score
Does our trucks have to motor to chassis grounds or did you add one? And did you do the power alt to battery? And have you guys upgraded the battery terminals? Mine look really cheap and thin.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I added a 2nd engine ground on my Cummins. The power wire from the alternator to the battery is one of the most important ones. You're feeding your amps with 0/1 and your alternator is feeding the battery with what? 10 gauge at best?
I did upgrade my battery terminals and the wiring between the batteries is also 0/1
Look on www.sonicelectronix.com for terminals...way cheap prices.
I just ordered more crap from them yesterday.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Sounds good. I think I might ditch my trans temp gauge and put in a volts gauge. Iv blown the trans a few times and the temp has never got hot so what's the point. Thanks for all the help guys this should get me on the right track. 6.4 super dutys have 200 amp alts stock. You guys think it would bolt up to my 6.0?

AKHILF

Reaction score
So say i use these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8229_e2-ERTC0-2-by-Scosche.html to connect to the frame. Will i loose a lot of power going from the 0/1 wire to those. Should I go a different direction? And also for the battery terminals http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21108_EFX-Core-C-Clamp-by-Scosche.html
I think i'll use them. I cant really tell a difference between those and the $20 ones. They have nickel plated and gold plated what one conducts best? I only want to do this once so I dont want to order the wrong part.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I prefer a solder on type lug, just dont trust those silly crimp on connectors.

Its very easy to solder on lugs, and with a bit of heat shrink tubing you get a factory looking cable that will never come apart or corrode.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Another question what size fuse should i put inline from the alt to the battery for the big three? I have a kicker fuse block with a 100amp fuse in it, I wish 4 gauge would be enough haha i have about 40 foot of that laying around

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
The pictures of the final system were never shot...probably because I've never considered it final. I spent hours and hours trying to do everything right and ended up with noises and hums in the system that turned out to be amplifier problems. Out of 4 amplifiers (all classic PPI stuff from when they were built in the USA), I'm down to 2 still running! If I ever find the time, all of the amps and speakers are coming out and getting updated to modern stuff. I need to pull the carpet and re-do the RCA cabling for the simpler amp setup and decide how I'm dealing with the big hole in the carpet that was originally supposed to have been covered by a center console that never got built...

http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac220/SinisterDiesel/Dually Stereo Work/

Maybe someday it will be done and sound right...

Goose

Reaction score
Looks great Dennis.

My stereo consist of a Kenwood headunit, infinity kappa door speakers and a RF punch 8". Its nothing special but for less than $400 it sounds pretty good.

Donnief

Reaction score
TweeterPodFinished.jpg

Wow these are the best ive seen , did you by any chance write up a how to how you did these? If not would you like to build some more ?

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Wow these are the best ive seen , did you by any chance write up a how to how you did these? If not would you like to build some more ?

Rich did a good job on some very similar that looked good, and I believe he did a writeup on compD somewhere, Ill see if I can find it real quick.

Goose

Reaction score
Looks great Dennis.

My stereo consist of a Kenwood headunit, infinity kappa door speakers and a RF punch 8". Its nothing special but for less than $400 it sounds pretty good.

Now it has this. RF Punch 8" in a box that I build. I still have 100% function of my back seats

ecea4bde.jpg

57f45a67.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.