srp1.1 disassembling

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats not the common experience. Some people are ok with certain things. Others arent. I looked into one and was aware of the idle issues after chopping the throttle. I didnt care. I never wound up with a gen 3 or termie duals but if I needed them Id be prepared for anything that may come up.

Im glad yours were perfect.

m j

Reaction score
It acutally looks like the one I had. I bought it from up here, can't remember the guys user name. I loved the power it made but it was so damn complicated to get to work with the way my fuel lines were ran. I opted to sell it. I almost wish I would have kept it now.

yup. same hammer mark on the adapter.

David N

Reaction score
How could you sacrifice driveability?

Im not sure Dom. I've never drove one myself so I can't say. I've always heard of people not liking them. I don't think it will bother me though. And the choppy idle at start up won't bother me. We're gonna find out here in a couple weeks I hope.

02BigD

Reaction score
By daily driving a gen 3..

Thanks Captain Obvious

Im not sure Dom. I've never drove one myself so I can't say. I've always heard of people not liking them. I don't think it will bother me though. And the choppy idle at start up won't bother me. We're gonna find out here in a couple weeks I hope.

Fair enough. Choppy idle for 10 seconds on first startup of the day cause me no issue either. Matt has the idle down pat IMO, and those that know the truck know I am very picky. After that initial, what I like to call waking the sleeping animal, his idle is dang close to factory. Run synthetic oil, and change it at 5k, enjoy all the oil you'll ever need.

Funny story...the truck was up at Stauffers because it hates torque converters. Had him send the Gen3 down to TN to have it gone through. Mind you, truck was on point when the converter took a dump. Gen3 has around 70k on it, and had never been gone through. Comes back with a note saying something along the lines of..and I'm paraphrasing Jon, "Carson, opened box and saw your note about wanting the pump gone through with no complaints. I thought, well gee if it's not broke don't fix it. After taking pump apart, there were 3 broken seals and every other one was dry. This truck shouldn't even have started." And clearly the stock pump under the Gen3 isn't feeding enough oil to keep 355/200's happy.

Exactly. I figure if you need it, you need it. You'll deal.

2 things; I believe it's more of an older tuning issue that is much less prevelant now. The majority of those that complained, are those that complain....feel me?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I suppose. I also know a few people who said it chops after its run hard.

I take that stuff into account but as I said if I needed it id not hesitate to run it.

Jeez, edit: I posted solely to say the startup and idle issues wouldnt bother me either.

02BigD

Reaction score
I suppose. I also know a few people who said it chops after its run hard.

I take that stuff into account but as I said if I needed it id not hesitate to run it.

It has done that, but I find that is more of an oil thing. I've had 5 different oils through this pump, seen significant change in idle quality, and shudder after a long hard run between the different oils. Hence the suggestion to run a Synthetic.

I haven't done any research on other big oil options. Lmao...I didn't do any research on the Gen3, made a spur of the moment decision to go bigger with injectors, and Carson had one that he could throw on that day. What do you know of feedback on other options? I only know first hand of Gen3 and BTS users.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know NOTHING about bts pumps. Seen em but thats as far as it went.

I have also heard mixed reviews on the twin termies. But I think it might be the same deal. The guys who had the dialed in said they were the only option.

In my world, either of those two would be swell.

m_j

Reaction score
from the OBS parts list, most will apply except for the fuel filter applicable ones.

Fuel System O-Rings (use Viton for fuel)
#123, 94-95 FPR Bowl
#025, 96-97 FPR Bottom plug, outer (seals plug to housing)
#110, 96-97 FPR Bottom plug, inner (seals fuel return to HP side of pump)
#012, 94-97 Water In Fuel Sensor Probe
#014, 94-97 FPR
#015, 94-97 FPR to Filter Housing
#011, 94-97 FPR Screen Plug, Smaller o-ring
#012, 94-97 FPR Screen Plug, Bigger o-ring
#018, 94-97 Fuel Heater Connector
#202, 94-97 Water Drain (2 required)
#???, Fuel rail end plugs in head
Oil O-rings (use Buna-N for oil (Nitrile)) (70 durometer is standard, use 90 durometer for the HP Oil fittings)
#013, Oil Rail Plugs, ICP, and HP hose Fittings (90 durometer)
#012, Dipstick tube to Bung (70 durometer)
#216, Oil Rail Galley Plugs ???
#010, CCV, small o-rings (70 durometer) (2 required)
#???, CCV, large o-rings (70 durometer) These are currently 3 sided, get from International (2 required)
#140, HPOP Rear cover
#205, Turbo pedestal o-ring, large
#211, Turbo pedestal o-ring, small
#117, CPS o-ring (70 durometer)
#???, Oil Cooler o-ring, inner
#???, Oil Cooler o-ring, outer
#140, Turbo to Y-Pipe (140 fits, stock is a Quad ring)
#???, E4OD Dipstick tube o-ring
Coolant O-Rings
#???, Thermostat Housing
#???, Lower Inlet Pipe (later Pump)
#???, Hose fitting (later Pump)
O-Rings, Individual OEM
Camshaft Position Sensor (CPS) O-Ring
(Ford) F81Z-12B615-BA
(International) 1824948C1
Crankcase Breather (CCV) O-Rings
(Ford) F4TZ-6769-A (small; seals screw head; 1/pack)
(Ford) F4TZ-6769-C (large; seals breather adapter to valve cover; 2/pack)
(International) 1824452C2 (Small, 2 needed)
(International) 1820784C2 (large, 3 sided, 2 needed)
Dipstick Tube O-Ring
(International) 875519C1
Fuel Rail End Plug O-Rings (the small 1/4" square drive drain at ends of heads )
(International) 1815734C1
High Pressure oil rail o-rings For rail plugs, elbows and ICP
(Ford) F4TZ-9N693-A
(International) 1815874C1
Oil Cooler O-Rings (2 each needed)
(Ford) E3TZ-6C610-A
(Ford) E4TZ-6K649-E
(International) 1807563-C1, Inner
(International) 1804414-C1 Outer
Thermostat Gasket (o-ring)
(Ford) F4TZ-8255-A
(Intl) 1821880C2
Turbo Compressor Outlet to Y-Pipe O-Ring
(Ford) F4TZ-9E436-A (94-99)
(International) 1818372C1
Turbo Pedestal O-Rings (between pedestal & block; pedestal & turbo)
(Ford) F4TZ-6N653-A & -B
(International) 1815560C1 Turbo to pedistal O-ring .421 x .560
(International) 1815561C1 Turbo to pedistal O-ring .769 x .908
Water Pump Inlet Pipe Gasket (o-ring)
(Ford) F81Z-8255-AA

info from internet search

Latest posts

Members online