Stock HPOP Flow Rate

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Well, many of us know the flow rate for the 6.0s LPOP... 18.5 gpm at 3300 rpm. And, I am sure there are 7.3 guys who can rattle off the flow rates for their LPOP and almost every different HPOP onthe market. But, I have been looking around for a while and I cannot find the flow rate of the stock 6.0 HPOP, neither 03-04 nor 05-07, anywhere. So I pose a simple question: what are the flow rates of the stock 6.0 HPOPs?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
meh...i'd rather not have the complication of dual pumps, pull the rear cover and swap branch tubes for an 03 style upgraded, and I'm not interested in waiting much longer for an 05+ upgraded unit.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
meh...i'd rather not have the complication of dual pumps, pull the rear cover and swap branch tubes for an 03 style upgraded, and I'm not interested in waiting much longer for an 05+ upgraded unit.

Says the guy with a fist full on ones left from the strippers

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

windrunner408

Reaction score
Does anyone know if by swapping an 05+ HPOP to the 03 style (of course you will need the rails and cover) will still work with the 05+ ECMs?? I know the 03-04 IPR valves have different part numbers than the 05-07 IPR valves do (I dont know if they are physically different because the pics I have seen make them appear to be). I just didn't know if that would affect the ECM or not.

Thoughts??

Mdub707

Reaction score
There was just a thread talking about this. Basically it sounded like 04.5 setup would be best, as it's still the old style pump (03-04) but had the newer wavy rails I believe...

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Does anyone know if by swapping an 05+ HPOP to the 03 style (of course you will need the rails and cover) will still work with the 05+ ECMs?? I know the 03-04 IPR valves have different part numbers than the 05-07 IPR valves do (I dont know if they are physically different because the pics I have seen make them appear to be). I just didn't know if that would affect the ECM or not.

Thoughts??

It will work just fine but i believe u need the lower rocker box assembly as well

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Lots of questions. I think they use the same plug so I don't see why the PCM wouldn't recognize it. You wouldn't have to change the rails, the 04.5 trucks had wavy rails and the old style pump. I know if I was to change from my 03 log rails to the new wavy ones, I would have to pul the rocker boxes and therefore the heads... ugh... Either way, switching from one HPOP to the other requires the engine to be pulled out of the truck.

Does any one know how big of injectors is the upgraded 05+ pump supposed to be good for? The Adrenaline 03-04 pump can handle 225s no problem but I don't think it's enough for 285s.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a whole other topic for discussion, but the rule of thumb seems to be around a 205... some guys can't get 190's to hold though and others have 225's hold without issue, so who knows.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
My stocker won't push my 190's anymore. Given all the options, hybrids seems the most feasible route. Ill be putting a fresh pump in with the new hybrids so it should run strong. 255/100's is the plan....unless I can go larger and keep my 100% nozzles but I've heard I cant

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Jared's got you right, speaking of I forgot to call him back last night after the gym, woops :axe:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I made 1065hp and proved it on the track with 100% nozzlesso whoever told you 100s weren't big enough is full of crap. For a fuel only truck the 100s are your best bet. Just my two cents

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
so how big of hybrid can i go with 100 nozzles? my plan now is 255's anyways which i think would be a very potent setup with my turbos, but i could get talked into bigger hybrids if need be.

keep in mind, this is still a street truck and not a drag truck.

Extended Power

Reaction score
so how big of hybrid can i go with 100 nozzles? my plan now is 255's anyways which i think would be a very potent setup with my turbos, but i could get talked into bigger hybrids if need be.

keep in mind, this is still a street truck and not a drag truck.

Meh heh...LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.