sudden blowby

stackedstroker

Reaction score
so i went to go grab breakfast this morning, and about halfway there i was going up a hill and went to accelerate a little to not loose speed and the truck started shutturing real bad. i looked behind me and and could see a little blue smoke, i pulled over and it was romping really bad at idle like it was trying to cut off. i turned around and headed back to the house, i checked for codes with my edge and it showed all the normal codes. i popped the hood and i could see blowby coming out from under my ccv box and it poring out of the tube. then i took the oil fill cap off and its rolling out of there pretty good to.

its not really under pressure its just rolling out.

but what i dont get is if i unplug the icp sensor it idles smooth but the injectors sound like there starving for fuel, and my fuel pressure dropped about 6psi

what do yall think? dead cylinder

could it be injector problem?

i dont have AE so if i can get ahold of a compression test tool im gonna try that.

Tom S

Reaction score
When you have a really bad blowby it will puff out the fill cap when that cylinder fires. How about some additional details when you have time.

stackedstroker

Reaction score
could it be a stuck injector or a busted injector nozzle, when it happened it felt like my service truck when a injector goes out? its a 6.0

ooh and it has a constant haze out the exhaust all the time now.

Big Bore

Reaction score
could it be a stuck injector or a busted injector nozzle, when it happened it felt like my service truck when a injector goes out? its a 6.0

ooh and it has a constant haze out the exhaust all the time now.

I doubt it's an injector. If you unplug the ICP and it smooths out thats an indication you have some possible ICP issues. If you hold the oil cap lightly so it doesnt slide off from engine vibration, and it's not jumping up, then you don't have excessive blowby. Your issue soounds like ICP or VC harness from what you have said so far.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Telltale sign of injector o-ring is oil in filter. However thats really not what your symptoms are pointing to. They really are pointing to a VC/UVC harness issue or ICP at this point. Eliminate the harness and ICP sensor as the problem before you start pulling injectors.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm pulling the valve covers now. Do I just look for burnt wires?

That'd be part of what Id be looking for. Any sign that a wire is burnt, severed, or arcing on the vc.

Sounds like your inj control pressure is low for soem reason.

You usually run 75psi in your fuel system? Seems a little excessive.

stackedstroker

Reaction score
That'd be part of what Id be looking for. Any sign that a wire is burnt, severed, or arcing on the vc.

You usually run 75psi in your fuel system? Seems a little excessive.[/QUOTE

When I put on my reagulated return that's what several people said to run it at. What should it be?

Austin

Reaction score
It's a little high, but not too crazy. IIRC I ran like 65 or so on my old truck. Just find out what it likes best.

stackedstroker

Reaction score
So the connector at the VC gasket was on tight?

Yea there tight! Its all back together and I drove it and it was back to normal, the idle still sucks but its been like that sense I put the 300 CC injectors in. I'm putting the truck back to stock in the next couple weeks so I'm gonna figure it out when its stock.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yea there tight! Its all back together and I drove it and it was back to normal, the idle still sucks but its been like that sense I put the 300 CC injectors in. I'm putting the truck back to stock in the next couple weeks so I'm gonna figure it out when its stock.

So what are you doing with the injectors, what size nozzles and who made them? :naughty:

TyCorr

Reaction score

You usually run 75psi in your fuel system? Seems a little excessive.[/QUOTE

When I put on my reagulated return that's what several people said to run it at. What should it be?

It's a little high, but not too crazy. IIRC I ran like 65 or so on my old truck. Just find out what it likes best.

I have heard people liking 65. Others like 70. Ive never heard anyone running 75. If it works for you, OP, then roll with it.

stackedstroker

Reaction score
So what are you doing with the injectors, what size nozzles and who made them? :naughty:

I'm gonna sell them but I need a good set of stockers to replace these.

There 300cc 200% nozzles. Rebuilt from rosewood. They've got about 5,000 miles on them.

Let me know if your interested ill probably be making a forsale thread before to long

Johnathan a beans said my idle is funny because of my adrinaline

Latest posts

Members online