Sunday ended with a BOOM

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
.....followed with a couple bangs and the horrifying sound of liquid hitting the ground :lookaround:

broke_zps7a3b4aef.jpg

broke1_zps2ff159ad.jpg

broke2_zps92bde40e.jpg

broke3_zpsc048ffbd.jpg

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
damnit man

Once we finally got it out of the dunes.....that's a WHOLE OTHER cluster f**k of a story.....wasn't that bad, oil pan welded up, new tranny pan and yoke ordered, new drive shaft being made.....trying to locate a good condition t-case, really just need the t-case to get back on the road

Dafug did you do?

Driveshaft decided to let go out in the dunes..........while slamming into every thing on its way out, right before it wedged itself in the 4-link and jack the transfer case to crack right in half......

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Do you have to pull the engine to swap out the oilpan?

More than likely, its a pretty tight fit above that cross-member. I was able to drain the oil and slowly but surely spot weld the hole back up, ran the truck for 30min yesterday and seems to be holding fine. The motor will come out eventually and I'll replace it then, its only a matter of time, but for now no need to pull if I don't have to......

Marty

Reaction score
Do you have to pull the engine to swap out the oilpan?

Technically no, but by the time you're done f'ing with everything to get the engine up high enough you might as well just pull the cab (partially or fully). In my experience with rusty trucks up here, up-pipe bolts always end up breaking off in the damn turbo.

Members online

No members online now.