Sunday ended with a BOOM

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Technically no, but by the time you're done f'ing with everything to get the engine up high enough you might as well just pull the cab (partially or fully).......

Exactly.....weld is still holding strong 10 days later. Cab will be coming off sooner or later, hopefully later than sooner.....either way, I'll replace it then

Reaction score
Dang.. that's why we run drive shaft loops!

I had to weld my oil pan a couple months ago too. Mine just straight up cracked out of the blue though. Nothing flew into it and broke it from what I can tell. Mine is still holding just fine though. It was my first attempt at TIG welding overhead, so not the nicest weld, but it's working.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Dang.. that's why we run drive shaft loops!

I had to weld my oil pan a couple months ago too. Mine just straight up cracked out of the blue though. Nothing flew into it and broke it from what I can tell. Mine is still holding just fine though. It was my first attempt at TIG welding overhead, so not the nicest weld, but it's working.

Dang you were able to TIG overhead? Was the truck on a lift or how did you work the pedal while laying down???

Well she's back on the road at least......still waiting/trying to figure out a driveshaft

Transfer_zpsa6236fa9.jpg

MossBack

Reaction score
Dang you were able to TIG overhead? Was the truck on a lift or how did you work the pedal while laying down???
]

To answer that you can get a simple button or lever switch to mount to the torch handle and have a simple on/off operation. ( we use them at my work). Glad you got it back together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online