Reaction score
IMG_6731_zpsdb20bdfd.jpg

IMG_6728_zpsb0c0723c.jpg

IMG_6724_zpsdc555f6d.jpg

IMG_6723_zpsfedfda91.jpg

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Ha ha...not funny...j/k
I thought maybe the top pic was a new paint job and bottom was the old color. Either way, I like the color in the top pic, lol.

They are eagle alloy 058s. 16x10 up front and dually wheels in the rear. Stock center caps. It was fun to figure out what was needed to make them work because these wheels take shank lugs in the rear and acorns up front. I had to modify the front caps to work. I have never seen it done but I like it more than aftermarket caps.

I think I have 5in approx up front. I know I have 3 in the rear. I'm thinking I might lower the front a touch because its too hard to tell if its level or nose high. The rear wheel well measures 1 in more than the front. I think it sits pretty level but I think I want the rear a tough higher for towing.

This is what I currently have for lift:
4in pmf hanger with 5in pmf shackle (should net 4.5in of lift)
I took new rear c code top overloads and mounted them to the bottom of the front springs.

Front springs are new v codes

Rear has new c codes and a total of 5in blocks (stock was a 2in block)

Once I figure out what stance I like, I will order either pmf or ouo traction block setup. Its just hard to find level ground here in Colorado to get a better idea. I think I am going to remove the overload springs from the front to see what it looks like then.
Here are a few pics I took today, others you saw were without the 5in hangers up front. Not much of a difference but some.

q0zl.jpg

zv47.jpg

g6oi.jpg

Now can you still put a gooseneck on the truck and not have any issues? I'm lookin into this setup myself now

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

INFRNL

Reaction score
Now can you still put a gooseneck on the truck and not have any issues? I'm lookin into this setup myself now

I do not pull a gooseneck but I have seen others that do without issue.

On the org in the dually section there is a guy with a 6in lift that pulls a big trailer a lot.
Most others run a 4in block in the rear from what ive seen.

Im probably not the best person to answer that question but I dont think there would be any issues.
I can measure how high the back is if you need though. I think the rear end is only 5in higher than sock, 3 from lift and approx 2 from tires.
A stock 99 already sits 2in higher in the rear than my truck did, so its only 3in higher than a stock 99 dually.

Hope that helps a little

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I do not pull a gooseneck but I have seen others that do without issue.

On the org in the dually section there is a guy with a 6in lift that pulls a big trailer a lot.
Most others run a 4in block in the rear from what ive seen.

Im probably not the best person to answer that question but I dont think there would be any issues.
I can measure how high the back is if you need though. I think the rear end is only 5in higher than sock, 3 from lift and approx 2 from tires.
A stock 99 already sits 2in higher in the rear than my truck did, so its only 3in higher than a stock 99 dually.

Hope that helps a little

Yeah if you could measurements would be appreciated a lot. I'm debating on 4" springs up front and getting a 4"/5" block for the rear. But I still need to hook to a gooseneck. Thanks a bunch man!

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Yeah if you could measurements would be appreciated a lot. I'm debating on 4" springs up front and getting a 4"/5" block for the rear. But I still need to hook to a gooseneck. Thanks a bunch man!

All I have under the rear of mine is a 4" block and there's more than enough room. INFRNL's looks like more than a 5" block in the rear from the pictures. But if that's the case and his rear is only an inch or two up from mine, you would have plenty of room running his setup.

INFRNL

Reaction score

Im not sure exactly what measurements you need exactly but I will take various ones.

All I have under the rear of mine is a 4" block and there's more than enough room. INFRNL's looks like more than a 5" block in the rear from the pictures. But if that's the case and his rear is only an inch or two up from mine, you would have plenty of room running his setup.
Looks are deceiving, lol. I'll post proof. I think its the way the pics took with my phone. ..

Be back shortly with some info

Edit: got some info that helps hopefully.
Gnd to top of tailgate measured at the center is approx 60.5in
Gnd to the very bottom of the inside of the bed is approx 40in.
Gnd to the top side of the step in the bumper is approx 28.5in
Gnd to center of 2in receiver is approx 24in
Gnd to top of bumper is approx 35.25

Gnd to wheel well front is approx 45
Gnd to wheel well rear is approx 46.
Front wheel well clearance is approx 11.5, rear is 12.5

Here are a few pics of my temporary blocks in rear and front hanger/shackle

q16x.jpg

iouq.jpg

bsd1.jpg

xuf5.jpg

Last edited:

INFRNL

Reaction score
Yikes . . .

Dont let that scare you. Its temporary, held in with 3/4in ubolts, and plenty safe. Being scared of stacked blocks is a myth, nothing to be concerned about. Bottom is the factory spring perch but im sure you know that, lol

Im going to be ordering pmf or ouo traction blocks soon

Latest posts

Members online